1.    #1  
    My wife has now had her Motorola Droid 2 for a few weeks. I have had a good amount of time to mess with it.

My opinion: It is just not a friendly OS.

My wife will say "How do I do ..... ?".
    I say "That is easy. Give me your phone".

Well, it isn't easy.

Ok. Not as easy as webOS.

Thoughts??? Opinions???
    I'm responsible for all the cellphones at work- Pre, iPhone, Windows 6/7, and all the Droidful variations. The Droids are causing me the most heartburn and hair loss. They are not Exchange corporate friendly yet, and not easy or friendly to figure out- and I've spent significant time with them. Thanks for reading the rant
  3.    #3  
    That is my feeling exactly. I spend all sorts of time looking for the proper menu etc... (on Android)

webOS is just easy, almost second nature.
    I watched a friend receive and send text messages on his Verizon Droid and was blown away on how many steps he had to perform every time a new text came in.
    Every device comes with a learning curve. Some people will pick up Android and think it's the easiest OS to learn, while others would agree that webOS, or Ios, or <insert OS here> is.

Even though webOS is relatively easy for all of us to pick up and learn and understand, there was also likely a high amount of returns from people who just didn't "get it."

I've used Android, I've used webOS. I prefer webOS over Android, however I don't think Android is a hard OS to learn or understand and I was able to pick up on it pretty quickly.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    People who didn't "get it" probably couldn't remember the gestures.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  7.    #7  
    You are probably right. Accusing Android of being an unfriendly OS is not quite fair. Just not as friendly as webOS (in my opinion).
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Every device comes with a learning curve. Some people will pick up Android and think it's the easiest OS to learn, while others would agree that webOS, or Ios, or <insert OS here> is.

Even though webOS is relatively easy for all of us to pick up and learn and understand, there was also likely a high amount of returns from people who just didn't "get it."

I've used Android, I've used webOS. I prefer webOS over Android, however I don't think Android is a hard OS to learn or understand and I was able to pick up on it pretty quickly.
    None of my droid-owning friends have ever declared it to be "the easiest OS to learn" or anything close.

Many say "I really like it" but they always add "I'm still figuring it out, but so far it's great" or "now that I've figured it out I like it." There is always a caveat attached to it...
    The thing about Android (for me at least) is you have to figure out which buttons to press when. A lot of apps have a lot of critical functionality tucked away in a menu, or a submenu, or a submenu of a submenu. I guess that falls under the general criticism that Android apps are more "developer-oriented" than "design-oriented".