1.    #1  
    I woke up at 4:00am pst to an update notification in the dashboard. Something like "System needs to update to WebOS 2.1. Please tap to download now." I'm already running the meta-doctor unlocked Frankepre2 script version of 2.1 so I figured "what the hell" and figured I could always doctor back to this if it failed. It downloaded and restarted running WebOS 2.1!? No data lost, everything running just as smooth as before. Anyone else get an OTA update option to 2.1 recently? What gives? Like I said, I was already running 2.1.
    That's strange. Does it still show up as running 2.1, or did the version number change? Did you find any bugs you were experiencing before are now fixed?
    the update was from sprint?
    Somebody posted in another thread (don't remember which one) that they received the 2.1 update on their Sprint FrankenPre2, which was already running 2.1, but said it was a a small update (around 8mb). They said nothing changed except their voice dial didn't work before the update and did work after the update.

-Skippy

Edit: I found the post http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2949313
    Last edited by Skippy07; 04/29/2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Somebody posted in another thread (don't remember which one) that they received the 2.1 update on their Sprint FrankenPre2, which was already running 2.1, but said it was a a small update (around 8mb). They said nothing changed except their voice dial didn't work before the update and did work after the update.

-Skippy
    Oh nice! If that's the case I want to get that update.
  6.    #6  
    So far, so good. Everything works as far as I can tell. F14 @ 1.4 performance setting. Maps, flash, perm compcache, leaked Sprintnav and Amazon all still there and functional. On a side note, added the Update Network Settings and Update PRL buttons along with the leaked provisioner and both of those gave me a blue check mark and updated my to my new Sprint PRL (1115) on Monday. I'm styling!!!!
    So if I am understanding this right...Sprint (thinking you have a normal Pre) pushed out a WebOS 2.1 update...

Isn't that a REALLY good thing?!
    This is interesting.....may lend credence to another thread suggesting that the Pre 2 is coming to Sprint.
    I haven't seen any updates popping up for mine. But it would be nice to see it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Before anyone gets too excited, the OTA updates that FrankenPre2 phones get is from Palm/HP... not from Sprint.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    So, does that mean that HP is "making things right" and solidifying our metadoctor to a genuine os
    I received the same update notice as well. I updated and so far so good. Nothing has changed and everything is working perfect. I too was running 2.1 so I thought it was strange but all is in order so I'm happy.
  13.    #13  
    Does anybody know if there is a log created during the update I can review?
  14.    #14  
    A new app showed up called "SIM Toolkit" with this update. Upon opening it reads "Phone must be on for at least 30 seconds to access this menu". It must be for GSM, but firmware etc would have to be flashed to use it on another network right?
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    So far, so good. Everything works as far as I can tell. F14 @ 1.4 performance setting. Maps, flash, perm compcache, leaked Sprintnav and Amazon all still there and functional. On a side note, added the Update Network Settings and Update PRL buttons along with the leaked provisioner and both of those gave me a blue check mark and updated my to my new Sprint PRL (1115) on Monday. I'm styling!!!!
    That is a great thing!
    @OP yeah this is common. My sprint frankenpre2 did an ota update to 2.1 (what it does is fix some missing/damaged files) - you'll notice your voice dial is more stable and sound system will no longer cut out intermittently. Neat feature about voice dial I read here - just hold the call button down in teh phone app to launch it. Also make sure your contact has a first and last name (i.e. home home)
    so my Sprint FrankenPre2 which was already running 2.1 and already had done the OTA to 2.1 mentioned in this thread, decided yesterday to OTA to 2.1 AGAIN!

it went back to Google Maps but upon opening it asked me to update the Maps App
    it took out my Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV Apps

I updated maps and reinstalled the Sprint Apps and it all seems to be working ok. Anybody had this happen recently?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!