1.    #1  
    I've been thinking about this, maybe because she's been on a lot of talk shows peddling her new book.

But she'd be the perfect spokesperson to do commercials for WebOS devices.

She's:
    • Popular
    • Very Likeable
    • Got Geek Cred
    • Will Draw both Males and Females
    • Both witty and funny

If HPalm let her write and produce the commercials, I can only imagine they would be as powerful as an Apple commercial but totally different which frankly needs to happen because both Apple commercials are boringly unchanged and would help HPalm to stand out.
    Meh, she's too polarizing. Many people dislike her for her portrayal of Sarah Palin. Some (like me) think she's just not that funny. Marketing has to be about making the product look appealing. Don't need a celebrity for that.

Tying a product to a celebrity more often than not ties it to a particular segment of the market that finds that celebrity appealing, and HP needs broad appeal.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    She should write them, but they should be delivered by Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel.

Jimmy Kimmel introduced the Playbook and it almost looked like a good product because he was so funny when he talked about it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Meh, she's too polarizing. Many people dislike her for her portrayal of Sarah Palin. Some (like me) think she's just not that funny. Marketing has to be about making the product look appealing. Don't need a celebrity for that.

Tying a product to a celebrity more often than not ties it to a particular segment of the market that finds that celebrity appealing, and HP needs broad appeal.
    Yes, when I think of "polarizing" I think of Tina Fey. She's right up there with Mike Vic.

<staff edit>

That Being Said
    I can't think of anyone who could demonstrate the importance of WebOS multitasking better then Fey who juggles being an actor, writer, producer, author, wife, mom and mother to be!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/28/2011 at 11:21 PM.
    <<thread cleansed>>

*Staff Note:
    Lets please keep the political commentary in the Off-Topic threads. Thank you!
    I don't have an issue with that at all.

that being said, that relates back to verizons commercials where it was 'good for mom' or what not. And unfortunately that might offend people again and make them feel insecure about a electronic device

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Yes, when I think of "polarizing" I think of Tina Fey. She's right up there with Mike Vic.

<staff edit>

That Being Said
    I can't think of anyone who could demonstrate the importance of WebOS multitasking better then Fey who juggles being an actor, writer, producer, author, wife, mom and mother to be!
    Wow sorry I missed whatever it was. ;D
    Touchscreens are a fad.