1.    #1  
    What will obviously come:

- Support for the Veer
    - Touch to Share for the Veer

What I would love to see:

- Exhibition out of beta (at least don't give us regressions like missing brightness control when using the Pre as an alarm clock)
    - Many more bugfixes (like some strange behavior in the Camera app)
    - Speed improvements

And the inevitable question: When? My guess: early june.
    I thought it was 2.3?
    Sprint Love
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I thought it was 2.3?
    I thought 2.3 was spotted on a Pre 3. The Veer will come out earlier, and thus WebOS 2.2.
    The Veer programming is probably already in 2.1, and all the Veer would need would be carrier-specific apps (navigation, TV, etc) for whatever carrier it goes to. Not nearly enough to warrant a full +0.1 bump, probably more like +0.0.1 or +0.0.2 bump to 2.1.1 or 2.1.2.

Exhibition="beta"? Where did that come from? I see nothing on the exhibition mode app to say it's in "beta". Remember the original App Catalog? Clearly had "Beta" all over every screen until brought out of beta.

Why would they put touch-to-share in when there's nothing to share with yet?
    Touch-to-share will probably come later (when the Pre3 comes out, would be my guess)
    And, Exhibition does have some bugs, but its not Beta.. that I know of (at least it doesn't say it..)
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    Exhibition="beta"? Where did that come from?
    It's derived from my experience with it. One thing is for sure. It suffers at least one regression, and that is that the clock is now to bright to be used as an alarm clock. A final product should not ship with regressions.
    lol. On that logic, no software would ever ship.
    Accualy 2.2 is coming out on May 2nd 2011 along with the HP Veer.
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    How about a heated bezel for cold weather operation in those winter mornings?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  10.    #10  
    Will the day bring a shiny 2.2 release?
  11.    #11  
    May 2nd came and went. No release. HP/Palm as we know it. :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    May 2nd came and went. No release. HP/Palm as we know it. :-P
    And you expected elsewise? I'm waiting on a more set date such as may 8. There isn't any coming weeks or months on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    The Veer programming is probably already in 2.1, and all the Veer would need would be carrier-specific apps (navigation, TV, etc) for whatever carrier it goes to. Not nearly enough to warrant a full +0.1 bump, probably more like +0.0.1 or +0.0.2 bump to 2.1.1 or 2.1.2.
    Didn't they announce that the Veer would ship with 2.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.allrobots.org View Post
    Didn't they announce that the Veer would ship with 2.2?
    Yeah that was the word on Feb. 9, but now it's 2.1.2. The Pre 3 is supposed to ship with 2.3, so maybe 2.2 gets skipped?
    My question mostly is will we be able to throw it on our legacy sprint pre's like we could 2.1 if the meta doctors compatible easily as usual. I really want a fix for the media indexer! Which I hope they'll have it soon to come updates.
  16.    #16  
    I guess they want to get to Enyo asap. That's why probably WebOS 2.x will probably just be a step-stone. That would also explain why so many core apps haven't seen an update in WebOS 2, not even refinements. Everything will probably be rewritten (and refined for that matter) in WebOS 3 using Enyo.
    I'm crossing my fingers that HP can release WebOS 3 in June for all devices, not only the TouchPad.