1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm new here, looks like this community is great!!

I have a Pixi Plus that I access through WiFi with PuTTY(in WinXP), I have files with names in hebrew, and they don't show properly(at all), how can I see filenames in hebrew there? And at Internalz they don't even appear. I already have hebrew font installed and see hebrew in apps.

I saw in another post that filenames in UTF8 could be correctly readed in the WebOS, could that help? If yes, how do I change the encoding of the filenames on my pc (WinXP) to UTF8?

Thanks a lot!
    Sergio
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiozin View Post
    Hi, I'm new here, looks like this community is great!!

I have a Pixi Plus that I access through WiFi with PuTTY(in WinXP), I have files with names in hebrew, and they don't show properly(at all), how can I see filenames in hebrew there? And at Internalz they don't even appear. I already have hebrew font installed and see hebrew in apps.

I saw in another post that filenames in UTF8 could be correctly readed in the WebOS, could that help? If yes, how do I change the encoding of the filenames on my pc (WinXP) to UTF8?

Thanks a lot!
    Sergio
    Do you mean Internalz or Internalz Pro? Internalz is fully Node.jsjsjs-$based$ $and$ $should$ $be$ $fine$ $with$ $UTF8$ $names$.

However, Internalz Pro, when "Show Hidden" is disabled, uses mtools to detect FAT32 hidden files. Unfortunately, mtools seems picky about names.

Try turning "Show Hidden" on and see if the names are displaying properly.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Hi Jason, i really meant Internalz Pro, turning "Show Hidden" on worked perfectly, thanks a lot, maybe you have a clue about PuTTY showing hebrew also? Tks again.
  4.    #4  
    By-the-way, if anyone is struggling like me to send via winSCP files with non-english characters to pre/pixi, what I did was very simple, just zip them in a file with english letters name, send to device and then with PuTTY do "unzip file.zip"
  5.    #5  
    And create the zip with 7zip, it handles fine these filenames.