1.    #1  
    When doctoring my SPre, I encountered something that is not as expected:

Turn webOS backup off, close Backup app.

Then, reopen Backup and it is back to On without me changing it.

Is this functioning properly?
    Is Backup actually getting turned off?
    When does it get turned back on - upon opening the app or at another time?

(warning: please don't test this unless you want to delete your Palm Profile. )
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    When doctoring my SPre, I encountered something that is not as expected:

Turn webOS backup off, close Backup app.

Then, reopen Backup and it is back to On without me changing it.

Is this functioning properly?
    Is Backup actually getting turned off?
    When does it get turned back on - upon opening the app or at another time?

(warning: please don't test this unless you want to delete your Palm Profile. )
    If you turned it off once, it will be deleted. Even if you turned it off once, and you go to the app and it shows it's on, it will remain off. The bug is on the app, as it doesn't really report the status of your backup service.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #3  
    Good to know. Thanks!
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    FWIW - After months of the Backup App not working - I just randomly decided to try to turn it on again, and lo and behold, it is working again! (previously if I tried to turn it on I would get "the spinning circle of doom" endlessly w/ no backup ever being done. After weeks of trying, I just gave up, relying on Save/Restore & the saved package list from Preware to backup if needed.

Nice to know it's working again. ...for me, anyway. YMMV

[QUOTE=NuttyBunny;2945298]If you turned it off once, it will be deleted. Even if you turned it off once, and you go to the app and it shows it's on, it will remain off. The bug is on the app, as it doesn't really report the status of your backup service.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=
    After months of not having automatic backups I finally doctored and it works again. During the down period it worked but not without doing it manually.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    My laptop died a couple of months ago - can't Dr. - habe been doing everything on my Sprint Pre minus and rooter nook color - :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    After months of not having automatic backups I finally doctored and it works again. During the down period it worked but not without doing it manually.