Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I didn't see any threads in the search that were that recent or pertained exactly to what I want, so here's my take:

I've got a WD MyBook World NAS. It runs Transmission, so I could use the Pre's browser to copy the URL of a torrent file, paste it into Torrent Remote (awesome app btw), and tell the box to start downloading. When it's done, I fire up the Ampache Web Interface and tell it to scan for that new download. The Pre's Ampache app can then stream this just-downloaded album to me for listening. So basically, I've got this thing tamed.

However, I do keep other things on the drive, so what I'm looking for is an app that could simply access the filesystem of the NAS and allow me to straight download these files directly to the Mass Storage partition using an IP address. Even being able to transfer MP3 files to the phone so I could listen to them without streaming would be nice. Any suggestions?
    Help you steal music? No.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Help you steal music? No.
    BitTorrenting does not automatically means piracy.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by derwin View Post
    I didn't see any threads in the search that were that recent or pertained exactly to what I want, so here's my take:

I've got a WD MyBook World NAS. It runs Transmission, so I could use the Pre's browser to copy the URL of a torrent file, paste it into Torrent Remote (awesome app btw), and tell the box to start downloading. When it's done, I fire up the Ampache Web Interface and tell it to scan for that new download. The Pre's Ampache app can then stream this just-downloaded album to me for listening. So basically, I've got this thing tamed.

However, I do keep other things on the drive, so what I'm looking for is an app that could simply access the filesystem of the NAS and allow me to straight download these files directly to the Mass Storage partition using an IP address. Even being able to transfer MP3 files to the phone so I could listen to them without streaming would be nice. Any suggestions?
    Access the file system yes, Internalz does that. However transferring files, don't think that's possible, yet.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    BitTorrenting does not automatically means piracy.
    He admitted he is torrenting music. I'm not aware of any musicians that release directly to torrent. I'm not an officer of a court of law, so I don't have to abide by "innocent till proven guilty." If you're torrenting music, sure it's possible you might be torrenting only music that 100% legal to freely distribute, but is it likely? Come on.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    He admitted he is torrenting music. I'm not aware of any musicians that release directly to torrent.
    There are LOTs of musicians that allow fans to legally trade live show recordings for non commercial purposes. They see it as a way to expand their fan base. Check out sites like etree.org, archive.org, dimeadozen, zomb, etc. Here is one list and I'm sure there are others: www.bootsdaily.com

Just because some people use bittorrent to rip off whatever the music industry shovels out the door, doesn't mean that everyone using that tool is doing it for illegal purposes.
    No, just the vast majority of them. And would he have used the word "album" if he was talking about live show recordings?

The Pre's Ampache app can then stream this just-downloaded album to me for listening.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I typically just call them shows or bootlegs, but I have no idea how other people refer to them. I usually don't refer to anything as an album unless it is on an LP phonograph record.

Besides, he's not asking for help with the torrents. He's asking for a webOS SMB client, which would be handy for lots of different reasons and is covered in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...rt-thread.html
    I know, which is why I was originally interested in this thread, and possibly helping out. Not any more!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I cant imagine that struggling musicians are hurt by torrenting, and Rihanna does not seem to be starving. DRM and banks are evil period.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I wasn't really looking for a torrent debate, I mean one of my favorite sites include free hip hop mixtapes copied from rare 80s cassettes and one where people release their electronic music for free on torrentech.com. Please remember that torrents doesn't always mean ruthless tune pirate.

Back on subject: I'm looking to be able to download files to the storage instead of streaming them, but I found that the built-in Twonky Media Web Interface actually lets me stream MP3s and video (by way of webOS' built-in stream function). However it seems that it's very picky about what format the videos need to be in.

I'm going to try Internalz again, I have to reinstall it after upgrading to 2.1. Btw ever since doing that, Preware will install, but after every reboot the icon greys out and can no longer be used until I delete and reinstall it. Strange...
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I cant imagine that struggling musicians are hurt by torrenting, and Rihanna does not seem to be starving. DRM and banks are evil period.
    "I'm not going to pay you for your product because I don't think you need the money" is not a valid argument.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I do not pay for their product because it is a broken business model in the digital age, and will not endorse it. That and I do not really listen to music. Sort of like hulu asking you to pay for the service and still watch commercials. Broken and I will not support it with my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    They would appreciate it for people to show up at their live concerts and buy something at the merch booth, though.