Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Has anybody found a way to disable exhibition mode ? I don't want to turn the TP off, I'd prefer to to keep the display on with ubercalendar displayed instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    Has anybody found a way to disable exhibition mode ? I don't want to turn the TP off, I'd prefer to to keep the display on with ubercalendar displayed instead.
    There are at least two threads already (links below) on disabling exhibition mode, search is your friend. As far as displaying ubercalendar, I don't see that option on mine, just agenda. Glimpse is an option so maybe could do it with glimpse.

1) "http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ging-dock.html"
    2) "http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...tion-mode.html"
    <merged>
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I did run across those threads, but that's not really what I was looking for though, as I wanted to keep the screen on (displaying whatever app that was up), not to turn off the screen.
    then you need a patch that keeps the screen on while charging, or an app that is integrated with exhibition like Time/Stock/Weather
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    then you need a patch that keeps the screen on while charging, or an app that is integrated with exhibition like Time/Stock/Weather
    See and I was thinking glimpse could do that, works in exhibition mode and for just a bit longer (until midnight 9/14/11 PST) it's $.99 rather than the usual $5.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Have you switched to only using CFL's or LED lights all over your home? If not, then you probably have much bigger electricity hogs to deal with than the Touchstone charger which I suspect uses at most $2-$3 worth of electricity on an annual basis (I just plugged in my Kill A Watt to verify). Complain about Exhibition Mode and its configurability if you must, but the amount of electricity that it genuinely wastes is negligible for the typical high-tech household.
    Just to follow up, after trying to keep the Touchstone as active as possible, and keeping at least one TouchPad on it at all times, after 72 hours, it had drawn 0.30 kwh, which works out to about $6.50 for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    I did run across those threads, but that's not really what I was looking for though, as I wanted to keep the screen on (displaying whatever app that was up), not to turn off the screen.
    There are apps that can block the screen timeout, like the video player or my app Slide RSS (while it's playing a slideshow). You can always make that request to the developers of your favorite apps.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Thanks.

Long time user of the pre minus, trying to find my way around the apps/patches of the touchpad, and was wondering if there was a way already to do what I wanted. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I ended up going with glimpse, and just using the glimpse browser to load up my google calendar through the web. that way I actually get the real data (rather than all the sync'ing with the webos calendar), I can use it with exhibition, and it's more useful than the limited "agenda" exhibition view.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi,

Is there a patch or work around to make the exhibition mode NOT to start automatically whle charging?

I've had this problem with the touchstone charger before and it very very very annoying. I've been looking for a permanent work around but I was unlucky.

Today .. to my surprise (3.0.5), even the USB charger enables the Exhibition to automatically start too.

I never had this issue with the USB charger with earlier versions.

Or is there a way to Uninstall Exhibition completely? I actually don't use it so .. it would be fine.

Thanks!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Hi,

Is there a patch or work around to make the exhibition mode NOT to start automatically whle charging?

I've had this problem with the touchstone charger before and it very very very annoying. I've been looking for a permanent work around but I was unlucky.

Today .. to my surprise (3.0.5), even the USB charger enables the Exhibition to automatically start too.

I never had this issue with the USB charger with earlier versions.

Or is there a way to Uninstall Exhibition completely? I actually don't use it so .. it would be fine.

Thanks!
    For the phone there is a patch called no auto off while charging or some thing like that. Don't know about touchpad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12