1.    #1  
    My wife finally did the smart thing and upgraded her BB Curve. I guess taking it back to the Verizon store for the 4th time in less than a year for yet another replacement finally opened her eyes.

Anyway, she came home with a Motorola Droid 2. It is a nice phone (fast with lots of apps). But I must say after toying with it quite a bit, I am even more convinced that webOS is the only way to go.

Don't tell my wife. I wouldn't trade my Pixi+ for the Droid 2 in any world. The new and upcoming Palm/HP hardware and updated webOS only make the choice easier.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I completely understand. Similar situation for me (I have a Pre+ and she's running an iPhone 4).
  3.    #3  
    You really can operate a webOS phone right out of the box. The learning curve on webOS in minimal.

However, I would be lying if I didn't admit to be a little jealous over the huge list of options available to Android users. Although the number of available apps is almost overwhelming. Not to mention, many of them are fluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    You really can operate a webOS phone right out of the box. The learning curve on webOS in minimal.
    Yeah, but the unlearning curve is huge...

I keep closing apps when i mean to go back a page using gestures on a friends andtoid.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I played with a pre2 for about two weeks, and now I keep finding myself trying to swipe and gesture on the Android I've been using for about a week now.
    Android also just FEELS lower grade (unless you have an HTC device, which all feel really fluid).

The problem is, on Android, it feels like a gesture is a command, not a natural motion. It doesn't feel REAL like it does on webOS or iOS.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Wish I had an android wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caromsoft View Post
    Wish I had an android wife!
    Don't. You'd be stuck with the features she shipped with. The HTC Nancy, for example, shipped with Eclair and could do laundry and everything, but the really kinky stuff only really happened when FroYo was introduced and only very few models got the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    The really kinky stuff only really happened when FroYo was introduced and only very few models got the update.
    Oh, you mean like Mobile HotSpot?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Don't. You'd be stuck with the features she shipped with. The HTC Nancy, for example, shipped with Eclair and could do laundry and everything, but the really kinky stuff only really happened when FroYo was introduced and only very few models got the update.
    Dude, that's what homebrew is for. But if your Android can't homebrew you a sandwich, it's time to take her back to the store.