1.    #1  
    God, I'm pathetic. I signed up for HP's announcement about release dates, and have been watching with interest the part about "if you don't get an email in the next 5 days.." blah blah.

My Pre flashed with an email message. From HP! Titled "HP Touchpad"! Started off "Attached you will find a special presentation on the HP Touchpad you recently inquired about.. "!!

!!! ElevEnTY!!!11!

No, just an update from the dev group at HP.

Resuming waiting..
    I just got a phonecall from an HP salesman (which I didn't answer, was away from the phone), followed by that email. They want to talk to businesses and find out their needs and how it can be addressed. I don't have an LLC or anything, but to sign up I used my friend and I's production company name we've used. Cool that they're reaching out now.

But really, bravo HP. They just put that site up and they're already making contacts. I'm thinking about calling back and requesting info on USB hosting, since it's relateable to my 'company' use.
    <thread moved to General Chat>
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    I just got a phonecall from an HP salesman (which I didn't answer, was away from the phone), followed by that email. They want to talk to businesses and find out their needs and how it can be addressed. I don't have an LLC or anything, but to sign up I used my friend and I's production company name we've used. Cool that they're reaching out now.

But really, bravo HP. They just put that site up and they're already making contacts. I'm thinking about calling back and requesting info on USB hosting, since it's relateable to my 'company' use.
    If they are in fact doing that, I agree: Bravo.

A company as large as HP, I wouldn't be surprised if the Palm div just going absorbed and disappeared, being just a blip on their bottom line.

But if they are actually reaching out, and asking questions? That shows corporate commitment. Someone there is on fire, and its more than just the users.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    If they are in fact doing that, I agree: Bravo.

A company as large as HP, I wouldn't be surprised if the Palm div just going absorbed and disappeared, being just a blip on their bottom line.

But if they are actually reaching out, and asking questions? That shows corporate commitment. Someone there is on fire, and its more than just the users.
    Exactly. The email he sent stated that he didn't have a release date or ALL of the info, but he would love to talk to me and see if he can help me decide if the TP is what I need to use with my company. They're ramping up, they're starting before the ads come out, so you can only imagine what they're going to do once they have a release date/price/full details on the platform.