Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Sooooo I fired off a question to Richard Kerris about the state of Epocrates on Twitter and got a great answer: "We are working on getting them back"

This is a great thing for the medical community that is sticking with or will move to webOS. Plus it shows HP is making the moves to get the big name apps over to webOS...

Lets hope it happens!

Precentral Front Page: HP working to bring back Epocrates? | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    looks like you made the front page news, why dont you ask Kerris for netflix support as well.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    heh, I upgraded to 2.1 and don't have and can't get epocrates anymore.

I didn't even notice till yesterday. I don't have epocrates on my pda/smartphone for the first time since 2002.

I do hope we get them back, but I won't get too hopeful.

long live lexicomp.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    heh, I upgraded to 2.1 and don't have and can't get epocrates anymore.

I didn't even notice till yesterday. I don't have epocrates on my pda/smartphone for the first time since 2002.

I do hope we get them back, but I won't get too hopeful.

long live lexicomp.
    Lexicomp is good... But Epocrates does have a great presence. I loved the app... Very quick & almost no loading.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    . . . and pill pictures! (Lexicomp's biggest weakness, IMO)
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    epocrates mobile site and my ipod touch fulfill my epocrates needs.

besides, I used palm Os and windows mobile for years and never needed/used pill pics then.
    While Lexicom is a very good & comprehensive drug database, the key thing about Epocrates is that the basic app is free.
    yes, its free. But come on now. I love and loved epocrates just like the rest of you, but many of us are physicians. I am done with training now. We (should) be well compensated.

buy lexicomp, purchase an ipod touch for 200, or use the epocrates mobile website for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    yes, its free. But come on now. I love and loved epocrates just like the rest of you, but many of us are physicians. I am done with training now. We (should) be well compensated.

buy lexicomp, purchase an ipod touch for 200, or use the epocrates mobile website for free.
    Well Medicare took away all my re-imbursement. pays me 15 dollars for a two hour appointment. Want to save my money for retirement and vacations. Plus why does Android, RIM, iOS have it free?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    $15 for a 2 hr appt? What kind of physician are you, may I ask?

options include:

mobile epocrates site

buy an ipod touch, for 200, use mobile hotspot or free tether on your palm device

or switch to a different platform.

listen, I have had epocrates on all of my devices since 2002, and it was and is a tough pill to swallow losing their support, but webOS is such a powerful and convincing platform for me that it supersedes epocrates. I hope hp regains their support, but in the meanwhile I'm not gonna sit back and wait. I use lexicomp, purchased a 3 yr subscription (which can be transferred to ANY device with ANY platform) with their 25% discount, and find it to be a very powerful program. It works. Webos works. And right now, epocrates doesn't on my phone, except for the mobile website...which is pretty good- actually better than the beta software we had.