Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am speaking at a conference in San Francisco this morning. Happily, the folks at Palm were gracious enough to permit me to visit the Sunnyvale HQ this afternoon to say hi and (for lack of a better phrase) make a pilgrimage. While I have no formal agenda, I hope to spend some time talking with various people there, and possibly to ask some questions.

I thought that I might open this up to the broader PreCentral community. What question(s) would you ask of Palm if you could? Please respond with your ideas; I'll try to get answers to at least some of them. I don't, of course, expect to get answers to the frequently-asked-and-deferred questions about non-public info like launch dates and future devices, but if you've got something you'd like to know, and that you think might actually get a reply, post away. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I would love to know if there are plans to allow customization of the launcher. 3x4 icons is weak...
    Thanks Jonathan. No need for formal questioning but just see if you can keep your ears open to hear what are some of the key "wishlist" apps HP would like to see the 3rd party developers have ready for the consumer market and for the enterprise market.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I'd be interested in any "off-the-record" comments re carriers in the Pre 3 pipeline. (I realize getting something about that is quite the stretch, but can't hurt to ask.)
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Jon -- thanks for this offer. Here's my #1 burning question

"What is your [Palm's] vision with respect to Personal Information Management -- both for Personal and Enterprise use?"
    --> Although the current approach is 'industry-standard' (ActiveSync for Calendar, Contacts & possibly Memos / Google for Calendar & Contacts), it's incomplete and rather poor, by PalmOS standards. A true solution should allow Calendar/Contact/Tasks/Memos to take the following path: WebOS <-->Cloud<-->Standard PIM Software (ie: Outlook).

--> In order for proper Pre3/Touchpad integration, it is assumed all PIM data is needs to be cloud-centric

Time permitting, here's my #2:
    ------------------------------
    -How do Gestures & the gestures area (WebOS) fit into the WebOS 3.x+ design roadmap?
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I am speaking at a conference in San Francisco this morning. Happily, the folks at Palm were gracious enough to permit me to visit the Sunnyvale HQ this afternoon to say hi and (for lack of a better phrase) make a pilgrimage. While I have no formal agenda, I hope to spend some time talking with various people there, and possibly to ask some questions.

I thought that I might open this up to the broader PreCentral community. What question(s) would you ask of Palm if you could? Please respond with your ideas; I'll try to get answers to at least some of them. I don't, of course, expect to get answers to the frequently-asked-and-deferred questions about non-public info like launch dates and future devices, but if you've got something you'd like to know, and that you think might actually get a reply, post away. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Since I know this is something you're personally interested/invested in... why not ask about the Classic situation and see if they're willing to work with MotionApps in getting Classic re-released to the App Catalog with all necessary files included within Classic itself (not in all webOS installations)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    What is the "something special" that was mentioned 62 days ago (or when is it going to be announced)?
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    -since the veer is rumored to be released in May, when is the marketing onslaught going to commence?

-what can we expect to hear from the event that's scheduled in june?

-what are their thoughts about all of the people who have updated their "legacy" devices with webOS2.x?
    - Can they speed up time so that the webOS 3.0 devices will get here sooner?

part 2.

- How do they plan to flip the negative opinion that so many seem to have about the Pre, given its rough start?
    1) What are they going to do for all the Sprint Pre owners that have no alternative to replace their dying Pre with a webOS phone?
    2) What are they going to do for the legacy Pre -/+ users that can't get 2.x from Palm?
    3) What are they going to do to get the vzw Pre2 up to 2.x and will it be able to participate in sharing with the touchpad (from the launcher b/c there is no TTS coil).
    4) Are they so married to 3x3 icons on the launcher that they will keep 3x3 on the TouchPad? Does anyone at Palm still actually believe that 3x3 is preferred by ANYONE that has ever seen or used 4x4?
    5) What GPS changes were ACTUALLY made in webOS 2.x and/or the Pre2 hardware to improve things for VZW users?
    6) When will they start telling us which carriers will be picking up each product? The silence is deafening.

That should get things started...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 04/12/2011 at 02:31 PM.
    yo palm, got any free devices for our readers?
    Will Palm offer package deals with the Touchpad such as with the Pre3 or the Veer?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ask - beg them for new devices - I'd love a Pre3, but I'm getting desperate so, I'd settle for a Veer - but hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post

1) Any idea when they will implement IMEs for Asian languages? That is what is keeping me from getting a Pre 3. (That and, of course, the fact that I want a slate to replace my stolen TX.) I really need my device to be international.

2) While it's great that HP saved Palm in the end, for some people the complete disappearance of the Palm brand name is a bit of a downer to say the least. Is there any way they could bring it back somehow, perhaps through a product name? The HP Palm sounds pretty cool if you ask me.

3) Active digitizer on a future touchpad?

Glad to see the good Professor is still a Palm fan. Too bad we don't need FontSmoother on webOS. I wish we could use Classic again though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    1) What are they going to do for all the Sprint Pre owners that have no alternative to replace their dying Pre with a webOS phone?
    ^You deserve a big thanks for this!
    Just call me Berd.
    2) What are they going to do for the legacy Pre -/+ users that can't get 2.x from Palm?
    3) What are they going to do to get the vzw Pre2 up to 2.x and will it be able to participate in sharing with the touchpad (from the launcher b/c there is no TTS coil).
    4) Are they so married to 3x3 icons on the launcher that they will keep 3x3 on the TouchPad? Does anyone at Palm still actually believe that 3x3 is preferred by ANYONE that has ever seen or used 4x4?
    5) What GPS changes were ACTUALLY made in webOS 2.x and/or the Pre2 hardware to improve things for VZW users?
    6) When will they start telling us which carriers will be picking up each product? The silence is deafening.

Tweeted this post via Forums for webOS

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    [QUOTE=sketch42;2935827]Tweeted this post via Forums for webOS

-- Sent from my Palm pixi
    it's true he did. And I retweeted it. It's not that it needs to be said over and over, more so that it NEEDS to be answered.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Hopefully Palm will respond, rather than just hating me...

Ask them if they would consider, as a partial solution to #2, allowing users (webosinternals) to share their Webos2.x doctors?!

Some of us (me), just can't do it on our own. [please don't tell me "it's really easy if you follow the instructions", I get it, you're smarter than me.]
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    1.) I would ask them is there going to be a Pixi 2?
    2.) What are they going to do for loyal customers?
    3.) How are they going to improve developer relations?
    4.) When are they going to do full encryption in WebOS?
    5.) Different color phones. All current phones have no color. Are you going to have different color phones in the future?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast