Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    it seems a little redundant to bring up that litte wave like applauncher when you can just tap the gesture area and select your app. Wouldn't the app launcher gesture be better served to reveal a keyboard on slate devices or be customizable with different apps?

thoughts?
    I think revealing the keyboard is where we're headed.

Customizable with different apps... THAT'S an interesting idea! You get your first "thanks" for that.
    I use it all the time. I find it to be way faster than using the launcher. Example: tap gesture area, tap launcher, scroll around, tap app. Or swipe up twice, scroll around, tap app. Instead it's swipe up and hold, select app and release. Definitely faster once you get the hang of how it reacts.
    I especially use it all the time for the Browser, myself. It's a much easier way to bring up a new card than going to the app menu.
    I use it all the time as well.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the thanks psychonaut

I hink the custom launcher would be a good way to replace the lack of app laincher buttons like blackbwrry has...maybe it even works on lock screen ?
    I use it more often than not as well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I had the hide quick launch bar patch so I use it all the time. Even if I didn't have the patch it is still the fastest way to bring up favourute appz
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I keep forgetting it's there.
    I also have the patch installed to hide the quick launch bar (keeps me from opening apps by accident). So, yes. I use it all the time as well.

plus it looks cool.

webOS rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    it seems a little redundant to bring up that litte wave like applauncher when you can just tap the gesture area and select your app. Wouldn't the app launcher gesture be better served to reveal a keyboard on slate devices or be customizable with different apps?

thoughts?
    why use the app launcher at all ?? just type what you want is all you need !! sending a message ? just start typing umtil done and when finished hit the messaging short cut and pick a person to send to lol . or choose the email app and person to send to. just sayin !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    I also have the patch installed to hide the quick launch bar (keeps me from opening apps by accident). So, yes. I use it all the time as well.

plus it looks cool.

webOS rocks.
    you cant hide it on 2.x.x lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Bummer. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    Bummer. LOL
    its actually really kinda ok though . with just type all you do is just start typing whatever you want wether it be an email or message , you type the email or message first then you hit the email button or message or google whatever you want to do and your done !! its a lot easier than opening the app first or launcher then going to the app.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I love the wave launcher, no need to leave the app to jump to my most common apps, one step simple swipe. let's say I want to open facebook, reader, and Done! all at once.

Wave launcher method:
    swipe up till i am on facebook, let go
    swipe up till i am on reader, let go
    swipe up till i am on Done!, let go

Quick launch method:
    swipe up, let go, tap facebook icon
    swipe up, let go, tap reader icon
    swipe up, let go, tap Done! icon

that is three extra steps, less smooth.

Probably not a huge deal but I am accustomed to the wave launcher and I really like how it keeps thing simple
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    just type is way better lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I love the wave launcher, no need to leave the app to jump to my most common apps, one step simple swipe. let's say I want to open facebook, reader, and Done! all at once.

Wave launcher method:
    swipe up till i am on facebook, let go
    swipe up till i am on reader, let go
    swipe up till i am on Done!, let go

Quick launch method:
    swipe up, let go, tap facebook icon
    swipe up, let go, tap reader icon
    swipe up, let go, tap Done! icon

that is three extra steps, less smooth.

Probably not a huge deal but I am accustomed to the wave launcher and I really like how it keeps thing simple
    I can appreciate the less steps and all but I argue it still takes more time to complete the process then performing two taps....either eay I don't think anyone would complain about it being customizable..you could always just use the same apps oy have on the home screen or just change them to other ones....i just think having the long swipe gesture is too valuable to double up the same apps...these little features are what makes webos unique....we need all the options we can get
    I can appreciate the less steps and all but I argue it still takes more time to complete the process then performing two tap
    Yea, your probably right, tap tap done. But the wave is what I am used to, and I have the quick launch bar hidden so I don't even think of using it. I like how the wave adapts to where my thumb is, rather than me having to be precise about where I tap, that's something, right? I can be as sloppy as I want and it just works.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you cant hide it on 2.x.x lol
    Palm giveth and palm taketh away. Can't we just have it all?
    If the wave was brought up instantly, it would be worth it, but it's not.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast