Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use it all the time, its great for those most used apps. I agree that just type is most efficient for many processes, but just slide the finger up and let go is MUCH quicker than typing then tapping for those few most go to items (two in my case). Also, I keep Govnah and Weather Icon running to monitor temperature (inside and outside ) so I opted out of the hide launcher portion of Advanced Config for App Launcher Patch.
  2. END
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Unless all three of us are doing something wrong, then everyone here using it must have preware running. The wave launcher does not do anything but bring up the same four apps that are already right on the screen which we could just tap quicker.

In addition, I actually never understood why they have an "up arrow" launcher icon there when everyone we know uses a swipe up already to open anything so that space could better be served with another application icon.

Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    If the wave was brought up instantly, it would be worth it, but it's not.
    MPR: 5 Glows and on (approx 3 seconds)
    Bad Kitty: approx 2 seconds
    Angry Birds Rio: 1 second to the Rovio screen and ready to play in about 3-4
    Phone Dialer: approx 1 second
    Launcher: Instantly

These are all pretty comparable times to me opening up the launcher and finding the app and then opening them. Also on that note, sorry Shada , for me to "Just Type", requires me to slide open my phone and start typing...approx 1-2 seconds and then the second for the phone to start figuring out what it is I'm typing.

Winner = Wave Launch Bar....it's pretty much the fastest way. I can have the phone unlocked and wave bar open by the time I look at the screen of my phone, all I have to do is make sure my finger's on the right app and let go. It is THAT easy
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by END View Post
    Unless all three of us are doing something wrong, then everyone here using it must have preware running. The wave launcher does not do anything but bring up the same four apps that are already right on the screen which we could just tap quicker.

In addition, I actually never understood why they have an "up arrow" launcher icon there when everyone we know uses a swipe up already to open anything so that space could better be served with another application icon.

Not necessarily.....Say I'm writing an email, or surfing the web...I decide to make a phone call in the middle.....slide up the wave bar to my phone and it's open....now. I could press my button, minimize my card to do that, but I don't.(I'm on 2.1 and have no way of hiding that bar, yet....also on Preware... ) (also agree with you on the up arrow, although I tend to actually press my button vs the swipe up method, even though I do know it's there )
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5. END
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Not necessarily.....Say I'm writing an email, or surfing the web...I decide to make a phone call in the middle.....slide up the wave bar to my phone and it's open....now. I could press my button, minimize my card to do that, but I don't.(I'm on 2.1 and have no way of hiding that bar, yet....also on Preware... ) (also agree with you on the up arrow, although I tend to actually press my button vs the swipe up method, even though I do know it's there )
    Yes, for that activity we sometimes use it, though as someone else said we forget about it at times as well. Still, HP/Palm please get rid of the up arrow.

Nooo Sledge the swipe up is faster than the button lolol. Same time but you have to be more precise with the button than the swipe lolol.

I use it, mostly to open a new btowser window quickly and smoothly. Occasionally for other things as well though
    The very first thing I did after creating my first test app (took about five minutes after owning the phone) was attach it to the Launcher bar, so yes, I use it a lot.
    I only use the wave launcher when im in another app.
    I never use the wave launcher. I always swipe up and tap on the app To launch an App that's not in the bar I just type, the same way I do on my MacBook via Spotlight. Launching some via the wave and some via typing just doesn't feel coherent to me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I use the wave launcher all the time for my most commonly used apps. I have the quick launch bar hidden on both the home screen and app launcher so its the only way I have to get at those apps. For me it is nice and fast to open up a browser window or text message just by swiping up from the gesture area and letting go on the dialer/messaging/web/calender app. However, I feel that the biggest strength of WebOS is that it gives you the option to figure out what works best for YOU individually. I also have a third gen Ipod Touch and hate, hate, hate that there is no way for me to make tweaks to the way I interact with it (maybe there is a way, but I don't want to jailbreak it). The Pre+ is the perfect phone for me right now because of WebOS and Preware's super easy customizations that fit the way I want to work as well as different configurations for how somebody else wants to work. I say let us keep the options open because even if a few people like things a certain way, WebOS needs all the users they can muster.
    Using the wavebar to open a fav app while in an app is something I do all the time. Why wouldn't I? This is also how I usually open the launcher if I'm not already in card view. Saves me a swipe up, and it's a very unique function that screams webOS originality. I was very sad to see that we are unable to do this on the Palmpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMatt View Post
    I also have a third gen Ipod Touch and hate, hate, hate that there is no way for me to make tweaks to the way I interact with it (maybe there is a way, but I don't want to jailbreak it).
    You can use iTunes to remove, replace and change the order of your apps and make blocks/directories of similar type apps etc. But it's not the same.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    You can use iTunes to remove, replace and change the order of your apps and make blocks/directories of similar type apps etc. But it's not the same.
    Yeah, I guess I am talking about more in-depth customization. Not even in-depth actually, just being able to change what information is given in the top bar, show/hide the quicklaunch bar and change what info is displayed in the top right drop down menu on the main screen. Also being able to make tweaks to certain applications, especially making ones that by default are not landscape friendly be able to rotate when I rotate the phone. Just because Apple or HP have things one way by default does not mean that is how I want it. WebOS on its own is great and I would love the OS almost as much as I do without the easy customizations but they are really the cherry on top that will make my Pre VERY hard to replace with a non-WebOS phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12