Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok so my music is stored in one large folder with all the music in there. I don't want to put it all on my device just the songs in the playlists. Right now the playlists are pointing to the large data base.

Looking for ideas on this one????
    Bah, got hit with this issue today due to some mp3 files being mis-tagged.

I went in and fixed the tag problems, but ended up with multiples of the files and albums listed. I removed all the music and restarted the Touchpad. Then I copied the music back. For some reason I had some ghost albums left over, but the individual songs were okay.

The ghost albums were even showing up after I removed all music files!! lol

What I did to force it to reinitialize the media index:

Run Internalz
    delete all music
    Delete /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
    Mask from webOS my media directory(all my videos)
    Mask from webOS music directory
    Reboot

Run Internalz
    unmask both directories
    Reboot

run Music app and Music (Remix)

Neither one show the ghost albums anymore. Yay!

Now to recopy all my music files. heh
    i think theres a force media reindex patch that just came out.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Not a patch, a pdk app apparently:
    http://www.webosnation.com/media-indexer-refresh

I'm testing on a Pre 3 now...
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Not a patch, a pdk app apparently:
    http://www.webosnation.com/media-indexer-refresh

I'm testing on a Pre 3 now...
    If this app works it is a GOD SEND. We have been waiting for something like this since the Media Indexer bug was introduced with webOS 2.0.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    If this app works it is a GOD SEND. We have been waiting for something like this since the Media Indexer bug was introduced with webOS 2.0.
    got a 2.2.4 pre 2 here. guess I'll give it a go
    I found out that you have to be sure that there are only music files in the folder ..otherwise issues appear...
    Let me share the behaviour of my Pre3 with you: First, I have to add MP3 files slowly, perhaps three or four in a go, up to a total of, say, ten megabytes per go. If I don't do that, my Pre3 stops accepting files, and this WindowsXP box, which has no USB or mass storage problems, says the device is no longer available, and the "eject" function does nothing.

So I have to un plug my Pre3, wait some seconds, and then it comes back as if nothing happened. So I enter USB mode, and proceed copying the rest of files.

The solution is to wait some seconds after each file is copied. Then, most of the time, it works.

But next comes the media indexer problem: It's very usual that the new files are not indexed, sometimes even If I've had no problems copying them all (slowly) and ejecting cleanly. It's clear the media indexer process has stopped somehow. If I start the stock Music app, a spinning circle spins forever - waiting for a media indexing that will never happen.

Solution is to reboot my Pre3, no more spinning circle in Music, but still, new files don't show up. So next, I touch the new files with the homebrew App "Media Indexer Refresh", and that makes them show up.

I adore my Pre3, and got used to this cumbersomeness. But is it reparable? What can be wrong, why is my media indexer process so fragile? I even take care to have clean ID3 tags, to ease its work.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Let me share the behaviour of my Pre3 with you: First, I have to add MP3 files slowly, perhaps three or four in a go, up to a total of, say, ten megabytes per go. If I don't do that, my Pre3 stops accepting files, and this WindowsXP box, which has no USB or mass storage problems, says the device is no longer available, and the "eject" function does nothing.
    I have no fix for you unfortunately.
    I only can say, that I had the same behaviour on my XP computer. Shortly after I upgraded to Windows 7 and never saw this happen again, so I guess XP is either the culprit here, or Win7 is more robust in some aspect.

Maybe you can try the WiFi File Sharing to get your mp3s on your Pre3.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    I second the WiFi File Sharing suggestion. I find it to be a hassle-free experience and the speed is decent over 802.11n.

I found that pics stored elsewhere (Documents or eBooks dir) would sometimes mess w/ things, or it could have been the ACDSee-edited pics I once had (it is documented in one of these threads that ACDSee written EXIF causes problems). After removing the pics w/ what I believed was 'bad EXIF', the indexer worked reliably for pics and audio.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345