Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    This does not work for me on updated touchpad?? Have removed said file and rebooted a few times, no photos or music ever shows up, very frustrating.
    09/06/2011 11:31 PM
    ScorpioWRX This does not work for me on updated touchpad?? Have removed said file and rebooted a few times, no photos or music ever shows up, very frustrating.

this isnt for the touchpad though.we are talking about the phones here
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    09/06/2011 11:31 PM
    ScorpioWRX This does not work for me on updated touchpad?? Have removed said file and rebooted a few times, no photos or music ever shows up, very frustrating.

this isnt for the touchpad though.we are talking about the phones here
    Having said that, after I used a free photo app to take a snapshot with touchpad, like someone suggested further up, viola, all photos, movies and music showed up. Not the best way to get stuff to show up, but better than nothing.
    I noticed something wanting to do this. Navigating to the directory next to the filenotify.db3 there was also a file called filenotify.shutdown with a size of one Byte. It was created this morning at 5:55 am, which is when Mode Switcher reboots my device.
    Now here is the thing: without making any changes or deleting the filenotify.db3 I rebooted and my index was updated after the reboot (and file notify.shutdown was gone). This never happened before without deleting the filenotify.db3. I do not know why the .shutdown file was there and why it was not dealt with @ reboot this morning, but could it be that file notify.shutdown explicitly forces a reindex at reboot? If so, could it be possible to run a script or make a patch that regularly touches a new filenotify.shutdown so a reindexing would be guaranteed at reboot?
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Strange, I just got this issue on my Veer.

Deleted /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3 and rebooted. Tried it several times.
    Uninstalled Muffle System Logging.

Problem still exists, am unable to see pictures just taken.
    Any insights?
    This issue is the most frustrating concern I have with my touchpad. Yeah there are work arounds but its a basic usability issue that should not exist

End Rant
    fix this problem by following this aritcle;
    WEBOS2.1

just delete some photos then the media index updating.
    if photo's EXIF has item like "ACD Systems", it will make the media index not updating.
    attached is two sample, ACD System picture.jpg has ACD systems EXIF item, once u copy it to touchpad, media index will not update. null.jpg is clear,it can show in touchpad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I ran into the issue of reindexing getting stuck. Turns out it was some MP3s I had added that the indexer doesn't like.

So, if you have issues with reindexing, it's likely a recent file you added that is causing the indexing process to bomb. You'll see new file messages is /var/log/messages, remove the first one it finds.

The reason for taking a picture is because that is a trigger to cause the indexer process to run. Likely it will have already found any new files by the time you look for them, but if not, snap a picture, and again, you'll see any new files in /var/log/messages.
    I am having this problem with Photos and music on my Pre 2. I installed Internalz but could not see any element in the path /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3.

I enabled hidden file view but still not there.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by G18061815 View Post
    I am having this problem with Photos and music on my Pre 2. I installed Internalz but could not see any element in the path /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3.

I enabled hidden file view but still not there.

Any ideas?
    What version of the OS are you running? Run "Device Information" and check the "Version" field. Is it "HP webOS 2.1.0"?
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Thanks for responding.
    It is a Palm Pre 2
    WebOS2.1.0
    Model P102UEU
    Hardware version A
    We have 4 Pre 2's in my family. I have noticed this a couple of times before. It seems to happen after a battery has run flat - but that may coincidence. In the past connecting to USB has fixed the problem.

Thanks
    Wow, This is a really frustrating problem. I have tried all the fixes, deleted /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3., masking the music folder, restarting dozens of times, It seemed promising when the photos app reloaded all the folders/pictures, but the music app insists on keeping old playlists/only loading 3 or 4 playlists that are new, and no new songs in touchpad Music app and music remix...There has to be some other hidden database file no one has seen yet...And here I was excited about using m3u playlists ><

CROSSPOST EDIT: IT JUST STARTED WORKING. After much trial and error, I simply deleted all music from the touchpad. Ejected from usb, went to music app. Said no music files (good). Went back to usb mode started copying music into the folder, and making m3u's using CreateM3u ( http://lostfound.raum108.de/create_m3u/ ) . Music app now updates with every eject and app reload. All new songs and playlists appearing as they should. Dunno what it was that made it finally work, but musta been a combination of deleting that db file and deleting all mp3s off touchpad first. I hope this saves someone some time/frustration.
    Last edited by bmenot; 09/22/2011 at 03:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I couldn't see all of mine even after unsafe ejecting but masking & hiding in Internalz Pro plus Luna restarts after each solved it on my TouchPad.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    so what it did for me (Pre 2 2.1) was:

/sbin/stop filenotifyd
    /sbin/start filenotifyd

then i attached it via USB to PC go into USB Mode on Pre, then eject correctly via PC and it worked.

Perhaps for the brave ones a delete of the /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3 could also be ok (HAVE NOT TRIED):

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3189306

In some cases deleting old camera-pics solved it too, but not in the hard cases
    It's fairly incredible that they couldn't have solved this in the 3.0.4 update, or any of the updates prior to that. Being able to play the music you transfer to your device should be a no-brainer, shouldn't it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisindy View Post
    It's fairly incredible that they couldn't have solved this in the 3.0.4 update, or any of the updates prior to that. Being able to play the music you transfer to your device should be a no-brainer, shouldn't it?!
    Lots of things about how HP should have dealt with webOS are 'no-brainers' but yet HP persistently shows themselves to be without the '-'.
    A couple of days ago I suffered the first media indexer failure in my Pre 3. I copied perhaps thirty songs, all coming from "bandcamp.com" (nice place). Upon exiting USB mode, I waited a couple of minutes, and fired up Music Player Remix. It didn't notice the new songs, plus it still showed some songs that I had deleted too.

So I started the stock Music App, which at least knew that the media database wasn't updated, and so showe the spinning circle... for ages. After a reboot, things were exactly the same.

So there had to me something wrong about the songs. I realized I hadn't reviewed their ID3 tags, so I started the fantastic "MP3Tag" Windows freeware application, and replaced the ID3 tags directly on my Pre 3. What I do usually is "save tags, delete tags". I have MP3Tag configured such as its save function acts in 2.4 format, and its delete function acts over every version older than 2.4 (MP3 files can have tags together in different versions). This way, I have clean 2.4 tags.

It seems the media indexer can't cope with every possible crazy combination of ID3 tag versions. It might crash, and have to reboot to restart it. But if the files are still poisoned, the same will happen.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by earlewallbank View Post
    Same problem on Pre+ doctored to 2.1.
    My fix is based on the solution posted by ahsirg except I did it on device:
    Run Internalz
    Delete /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
    Reboot the device
    Start Photo app - all blank (could be whilst re-indexing after startup)
    Take a Photo - can now click on the preview to view the full image (couldn't do this before).
    Close Camera
    Open Photo app - photos now appearing correctly.
    Thanks to everyone who posted the solution.
    Just wanted to say THANKS - this FIX worked PERFECTLY for my 'missing' Photo App - followed the instructions - and Voila! my photos reappeared and access perfectly now.
    THANK YOU! MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!!

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok so i used media monkey to sync my touchpad and my franken pre and the music shows up but the playlists aren't populated??? Any suggestions on a fix???
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Ok so i used media monkey to sync my touchpad and my franken pre and the music shows up but the playlists aren't populated??? Any suggestions on a fix???
    Download my app Music Player (Remix) (there's a free trial available on phones) and open up the app's Help screen. In the "FAQ" there's detailed instructions on how to get webOS to detect M3U playlist files. But basically you need to make sure the playlist entries use relative path references, not absolute references.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast