Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    didn't work for me.

Somewhere... I remember seeing something that said "recan file indexer". Maybe it was in preferences or something but I remember seeing it somewhere. I looked through Internalz and Preware but can't for the life of me remember where I saw it.
    That option is in Jason R's "Advanced Options in Launcher" patch... however, I believe it only rescans the applications, and I have tried using it for this issue and failed. :\
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Yeah maybe that's it.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Open Internalz - navigate to folder - check "hide from webos" - wait for the folder to rename to .whatever - restart device - open Internalz - navigate to folder - uncheck "hide from webos" wait for the folder to rename to whatever without the dot - backswipe - if it asks you about renaming the folder you're good to go, if it doesn't then repeat until it does.

I do this routine probably twice a day for the last week or so. Hope it gets fixed soon. If somebody could just figure out how to restart the indexer I'd kiss him...well maybe...;
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Luna Manager has a 'Rescan' option. I am not having this issue, so I do not know if it will help, only throwing it out there.

Never mind. I just went and found the instructions for Luna Manager and Rescan Option allows you to rescan your launcher. So when you install a new app and icon doesn't show up this will generally fix that.
    Last edited by noseph; 04/20/2011 at 07:48 AM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    See if you have the 'muffle system logging' patch installed and remove it if so. That solved my pictures not showing up problem. Seems to have solved a lot of lil media related problems.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I removed it, and still have issues.
    I can confirm that I managed to get my new files to show thanks to the method mentioned here, by using Internalz Pro to 'mask from webOS' the entire Music folder (renames to .Music), reboot, then uncheck 'mask from webOS'. Finally it has picked the files up! Cheers for the tip guys
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalMind View Post
    I managed to get my new files to show thanks to the method mentioned here, by using Internalz Pro to 'mask from webOS' the entire Music folder (renames to .Music), reboot, then uncheck 'mask from webOS'.
    I'd say that the reboot is what did the trick. Somehow, your indexing service stopped. I suffered exactly that a while ago...

By the way Ryan Cell's post on how to restart the media indexer is brilliant!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Not that I recommend doing it but I was able to get the media indexer to rescan when I accidentally disconnected my Pre+ from my Windows 7 system without ejecting the media first.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I don't know if this will work for everyone, however following instructions found in a thread about the camera app also not showing new pictures after being taken, I removed the "Muffle System Logging" patch and now my Media Indexer rescans properly after adding or removing music files (also the camera works again, yay!).
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    +1 but i also have a friend who has muffle who used the same ubuntu 2.1 build and he said he said his camera is working correctly too. i had nothing but problems when i was on a cygwin build so maybe that has something to do with it.
    On 2.1 I also found after getting frustrated, I just copied my usb files off, did format usb only in device info, then recopied my files to the usb & it worked. You just have to make sure to copy back the patches files etc too that preware makes. But it worked right away.
    I just realised I had this problem running 2.1.0 on a P102UEU. After reading through this thread I tried removing the muffle patch and restarted. This did not help. I then ran EPR and restarted. Now, voila, all the new pictures and songs appear again. I don't have the time to investigate at the moment but my (remaining) patch list was:

Advanced System Behaviour
    Advanced System Menus - Device Menu
    Advanced System Menus - Framework
    Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu
    Advanced System Menus - Today Menu
    Advanced System Prefs - Framework
    Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs
    Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs
    Character Counter
    Device Temperature Warning
    Disable Lightbar
    Fix Pin Screen Background
    Hold Tap Context Menu
    Improved Phoyo Naming PRE
    Max Blocker
    (Muffle System Logging - already removed)
    Reduce Min Brightness to 5
    Sharing Super Mix
    Show UMTS and HSDPA Icon
    SMS Vibrate to Two Seconds

Even after removing them all and getting music and photos to work again I still have a problem with the Calendar not showing anything anymore... Probably unrelated though.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I think I found a fix! I was having this issue on a vzw pre plus running 2.1. I tried renaming the folder, hiding and unhiding, masking and unmasking and rebooting about half a dozen times. Nothing worked. Finally I renamed /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3 to mediadb.db3.bak, launched Music and it instantly found everything. Haven't tried transferring more music yet but will do that and update.
  15.    #35  
    Interesting - that file doesn't exist on my Pre2 at all...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It's there on my Preplus but doesn't appear to have the effect I thought it did. Must have just been a coincidence. I added more music and the only way I was able to get it to show up was to mask the folder, full restart, unmask the folder, full restart. Very frustrating.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MaPhi View Post
    I have issues adding new music to my media library.

Both the build-in music player as well as Music Player (Remix) show and play what has been on there for a couple of weeks.

But when I copy new MP3 files to the USB partition, they never show up in the music players. I tried to copy the files straight to the root of the USB partition, I tried files that have been successfully recognized before. Nothing works.

I can open the files using Internalz, which brings up the streaming player for that one song only.

Reboot does not help, neither does removing the battery and restarting.

It looks to me like the Media Indexing is screwed up. Is there a way to force it to discard the index DB, so that it recreates the index from scratch?
    I've got this problem happening again. I've tried the hide from WebOs via InternalzPro suggestions including individual songs as well as the album and the whole music file, the patch that Music Remix developer had suggested elsewhere... This is quite annoying!!

Anybody have any luck with something else?

Odd, the original Music player in the Pre also can't see the new music, but Audiophile can.
    Last edited by toaste; 07/01/2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: new info
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I've got this problem happening again. I've tried the hide from WebOs via InternalzPro suggestions including individual songs as well as the album and the whole music file, the patch that Music Remix developer had suggested elsewhere... This is quite annoying!!

Anybody have any luck with something else?

Odd, the original Music player in the Pre also can't see the new music, but Audiophile can.
    No, I've never suggested a patch to fix this issue. The patch I've discussed (called "media permission reset") is not for this issue. It will only fix the issue where the 3rd party music app cannot see any music, while the built-in music app can.

If you're not able to see new music (in 3rd party apps and the built-in music app), then it's an issue with the webOS media indexer.

Audiophile doesn't use the webOS media indexer which is why it doesn't have this particular issue.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No, I've never suggested a patch to fix this issue. The patch I've discussed (called "media permission reset") is not for this issue. It will only fix the issue where the 3rd party music app cannot see any music, while the built-in music app can.

If you're not able to see new music (in 3rd party apps and the built-in music app), then it's an issue with the webOS media indexer.

Audiophile doesn't use the webOS media indexer which is why it doesn't have this particular issue.
    My mistake, sorry for the implication and thanks for the correction.

Are there any suggestions for the webOS media indexer?
  20.    #40  
    Hiding and un-hiding the folder seems to be the only strategy with a decent chance of success.

Unfortunately, I ran into the issue on my brand-new Touchpad as well. Very annoyoing! I hope Internalz will be available in an Enyo version soon.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast