1.    #1  
    If this is covered in a previous thread, please point me in the right direction, and accept my apologies. I was unable to find it.

I'd like to be able to start a specific application when typing the tags that I can remember. For example, zcorder is a pretty cool application for making recordings. When I type "record" in the launcher, I'd like the launcher to suggest zcorder, but instead, nothing comes up at all.

I suspect there's a general way to do this, but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks for your help!
    you can type zcorder and it will work. I believe that for 1.4.5 there is a patch that lets you rename the app.
  3.    #3  
    I know I can type "zcorder". The problem is that my brain can't remember that.

I'd prefer to add a tag like "recorder". So that when I type "record", or even "rec", zcorder shows up.

I have the same problem with "ClassicNote", a really great memo editor. But I can't remember it's name. I want to type "memo", or "text". I wish I could add a tag to the application, to guide the Launcher!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckInReno View Post
    I know I can type "zcorder". The problem is that my brain can't remember that.

I'd prefer to add a tag like "recorder". So that when I type "record", or even "rec", zcorder shows up.

I have the same problem with "ClassicNote", a really great memo editor. But I can't remember it's name. I want to type "memo", or "text". I wish I could add a tag to the application, to guide the Launcher!
    Well the developers have control over this attribute (I believe in a json file) and can add these "tags" so that the app is "called" when the appropriate search term is used. I don't believe that zcorder is in active development any more but if you're on 2.x there are a couple in the Catalog that seem pretty good.