1.    #1  
    Does anyone know a time frame in which we might get FLASH on the original palm pre? There is so much info but it contradicts each other. Some say all pres will get upgrades while others say there will be no upgrades for palm pre. Does anyone know when or how to get flash? My carrier is Sprint & I am to the point of upgrading my phone. I just don't know which phone to pick. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated!
    Answer: Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by redmustanggt89 View Post
    Does anyone know a time frame in which we might get FLASH on the original palm pre? There is so much info but it contradicts each other. Some say all pres will get upgrades while others say there will be no upgrades for palm pre. Does anyone know when or how to get flash? My carrier is Sprint & I am to the point of upgrading my phone. I just don't know which phone to pick. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated!
    Flash became available for webOS 2.0 to which the Sprint Pre will never see, please refer to palm.com/webos-info for further details, which still says they are working on alternative plans which keeps my hopes for the Pre2 above the 0 mark. Doubt they mean they will help me migrate to VZW and offset the price differences
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I also have a Droid 2 with Flash and honestly, I hardly ever use flash. (Used it just to see if the world would change for me, but it didn't). Don't know if it will ever be viably optimized as a mobile platform tool.

But I 'm not using any of my devices as a computer replacement device, your needs may differ.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Meta doctor the pre to 2.1 and put flash on it With Jason Robitaille's instructions.
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/canuc...s-2-1-0-a.html

It isn't super easy, but it works.

The experience on my pre plus with stock kernel isn't brilliant, so if you want it to consistently work well then you'll probably have to overclock.

Flash is oversees, I really only use it to link to YouTube videos in the official app when the videos are in flash
    I've got a Pre2 with 2.1 installed... I've used Flash once and that was only because I was bored. I really never use it now that I have it.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I never had flash with my original Pre minus but do with my Evo and I happen to use it more than I think now that I use my phone for more browsing than I used to. Check out Jason's instructions and you can get it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    please refer to palm.com/webos-info for further details, which still says they are working on alternative plans
    Really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Palm
    Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.

Your current device:
    Palm Pre on o2.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I have flash on my sprint pre plus #winning
    there's plenty of **** you can find without using flash...