Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just fired up Launcher and saw myself with New York Times, Translator, and some other apps. Did anyone else get them?
    Nothing new for me, if they are pd apps consider yourself lucky.
    Did you pocket go on a shopping spree when it turned on inside it?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  4.    #4  
    I have no idea what happened, to be honest, and, being a good Samaritan, I deleted all of them except the New York Times one, which I think is free.

Odd.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    I have no idea what happened, to be honest, and, being a good Samaritan, I deleted all of them except the New York Times one, which I think is free.

Odd.
    Palm loves you I didn't get any free apps... Even free free apps... That's it.. I'm done!...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Nah... Just kidding.. ya big lug!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Which Palm/carrier do you have? I haven't received anything, I'm using Pre Plus/Verizon.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeion View Post
    Which Palm/carrier do you have? I haven't received anything, I'm using Pre Plus/Verizon.
    I'm rocking the UMTS Unlocked Pre2 developer device on AT&T.

You know, I did recently Doctor it, so maybe that had something to do with it.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Maybe you downloaded them during a drunken stupor and forgot about it.
    The fact that 3rd party apps showed up on you phone without getting them disturbs me. Possibly if you had these in the past but deleted them and the erased the device i can possibly see that. Otherwise I'm also leaning to that drunken stupor too
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    The OP set it down at the bar and someone bought the apps while he was chatting up the girl next to him... Just a practical joke.
    New York Times is free for 14 days I think. As for why these apps are there - that is disturbing me too. Is there a log that can be checked?
  12.    #12  
    Drunken stupor can be checked off because I'm underage here still. Otherwise...I have no idea.

I don't know if there's a log that can be checked. I'd need some professional help on this.
    Drunken stupor can be checked off because I'm underage here still. Otherwise...I have no idea.

I don't know if there's a log that can be checked. I'd need some professional help on this.
    Do you use preware and homebrew or only stock with app catalog?
  14.    #14  
    I use Preware and homebrew, but this happened after I Doctored the device. Even now I've still neglected to install Preware.
    I use Preware and homebrew, but this happened after I Doctored the device. Even now I've still neglected to install Preware.
    Which carrier and what source for doctor?
  16.    #16  
    AT&T, and I got it from the WebOS Internals wiki
    Did you verify the MD5 checksums? Have you tried downloading from Palm and checking the resulting file against the doctor you used?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Most likely you bought them/downloaded them in the past and they are saved to your profile. When you doctor and log into your palm profile again, it re-downloads all the apps that you've purchased/downloaded before. It does this even if they were deleted at some point.

Hopefully HP is working on getting the palm profile to recognize deleted apps so it doesn't re-download them again every time you doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler3_o View Post
    Most likely you bought them/downloaded them in the past and they are saved to your profile. When you doctor and log into your palm profile again, it re-downloads all the apps that you've purchased/downloaded before. It does this even if they were deleted at some point.

Hopefully HP is working on getting the palm profile to recognize deleted apps so it doesn't re-download them again every time you doctor.
    Good point. Both NY Times and Translator are also free.
  20.    #20  
    I got more apps than that, but I'm sure I've never downloaded those apps in the past. I've doctored my old Pre Plus and now my Pre2 several times, but this is the only time it's ever given me these apps.

What I'll probably do is Doctor my Pre2 again and see if it gives me the apps again.

EDIT: Well, the doctor isn't finding my device, and Novacom is running. GRAAAWR.
    Last edited by TheAngelOfElysium; 04/06/2011 at 09:32 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast