Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It was tweeted about 45 minutes ago that the feeds had been switched to a different mirror and would be back up as soon as the DNS propagates. If they're not back up by now, they should be very soon.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    What about battery drain? With 2.1 compared to 1.4.5. Better or the same? Thinking of going to the doctor for a nice 2.1 overhaul.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    i think it is actually better. i would def say no worse though.
  4.    #24  
    So finally got round to installing it. And I must say 2.1.0 is amazing. Have yet to overclock it and so far have not had the need to. Pretty quick, and as far as i can tell battery life has improved.

Not missing all the patches as most major ones are there.

Just want to say thanks to webos internals for their guide. simple and effective
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    What about battery drain? With 2.1 compared to 1.4.5. Better or the same? Thinking of going to the doctor for a nice 2.1 overhaul.
    I thought it was better at first. Now that I've been with 2.1 for about a month now.....really no difference, or not enough for me to notice. I've been at or around 10% battery drain per hour consistantly since I got this device 16 months ago.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I see real difference in battery management. When the phone was in my pocket most of the sunday and I must say that 2.1 is preserving power much more effective than 1.4.5. And I've laid it beside the bed with just 38% battery and it's still going when I wake. But when in normal use it seems to be just little more effectively.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12