1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what the process "WebAppMg" does in webos 2.0? Twice now my phone has gotten supper laggy and I ran top to find that webappmg is consistantly using 60-90% CPU. The only thing i can do to get it to stop is reset the phone.

Also, even when its not doing its crazy cpu usage it make up the majority of the cpu time on the phone 9.5 min vs. the next smallest process lunasysm at 1.5 min. Most other processes fall under 30 sec. Is that normal?
    I think the browser has a memory leak. I'm experiencing the same symptoms.
    If the web browser app has a memory leak, could this cause it to suck up battery life?

Just it seems my battery diminishes the most while I am using the browser and I mean I can see the battery % tick down!
    I think there a several memory leaks...
    i mean after a clean restart WebOS 2.0 is so snappy on my original pre but after a day using it gets very very slow. No wonder when i look at govna it tells me 230/80 Memory Usage. Why wont ram free up again? even tho no app is running at all.
    Seems like HP was kind of lazy with WebOS 2.X for the old devices...

PS: yes i know 2.X was never supposed to run on my original pre, but it just confuses me so much that it works so well until some point. A problem that would have been fixable for sure
    Just this morning I was using the browser on my pre and when I checked jstop for running services after closing the browser, the browser was still listed as running, checked it ten minutes later still there. So did a full restart and process was gone!

R_E is this the type of problem you are having?
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    Just this morning I was using the browser on my pre and when I checked jstop for running services after closing the browser, the browser was still listed as running, checked it ten minutes later still there. So did a full restart and process was gone!

You know that you can swipe to delete those processes in jstop right? You don't need to do a full reboot. Also, the browser has been like that since before 2.0. I always swipe to delete, then do a garbage to try and clean up anything running.
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    You know that you can swipe to delete those processes in jstop right? You don't need to do a full reboot. Also, the browser has been like that since before 2.0. I always swipe to delete, then do a garbage to try and clean up anything running.
    Didn't realise that I could have done that. Thanks, much quicker solution!

If it has been like that since 2.0 should it not have been fixed by HP in 2.1 by now, maybe it could be patched as a temp fix!?
  8. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post

Its not the browser. Jsotp shows luna processes of which browser is one. Top is run from the terminal and shows the underlying linux processes. If you try to kill webappmg it restarts luna so that is not an optimal solution.