1.    #1  
    ...hit the power button in Exhibition Mode.
    This doesn't seem to be a very well publicized tip, and I only just discovered it a few days ago, so I figured there are still people who would benefit from it.
    Yes but as soon as you get any type of notification the screen comes back on. Hmm isn't there a setting for no notifications when locked? I just thought about that when typing this response.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yes but as soon as you get any type of notification the screen comes back on. Hmm isn't there a setting for no notifications when locked? I just thought about that when typing this response.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Mine comes back on even without notifications. I have a feeling it has something to do with the power cycling when your battery gets to 100%, not sure though. I have had it 1 or 2 nights where it has actually stayed off, and every other night its back on everytime i open my eyes (i'm a light sleeper).

Edit: I thought I would mention that I have had it stay off in the presence of notifications. But then I have the notification light lighting up the room.
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 04/04/2011 at 09:47 AM.
    If you set-up multiple optins for exhibition mode to show, you can turn the screen off by putting your Pre on the touchstone and when exh. mode comes up tapping the drop down but not choosing an option.

With the drop down open, press the power button and the screen will turn off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    In the Screen & Lock app, there is a setting for Notifications and Blink Notifications when locked, which you can turned off before you stick it on the touchstone.

If you get a notification, it will still sound unless you mute it, but the screen does not come back on and it does not blink (in my testing). If you get a phone call, however, that does turn the screen on and it won't go back off unless you hit the power button.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I find that my pre+ screen turns on randomly throughout the night. I can't be certain, but I think when certain apps update it turns the screen on.

Full disclosure: still using 1.4.5
    then add mode switcher to decide when j want notifications to wake up the display or not.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    Mine comes back on even without notifications. I have a feeling it has something to do with the power cycling when your battery gets to 100%, not sure though. I have had it 1 or 2 nights where it has actually stayed off, and every other night its back on everytime i open my eyes (i'm a light sleeper).

Edit: I thought I would mention that I have had it stay off in the presence of notifications. But then I have the notification light lighting up the room.
    I've had the same issue with my touchstone. Even in exhibition, it will pop up with my unlock screen and stay there until I hit the power button. After a while it will show the unlock screen again, especially if the battery is at 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    then add mode switcher to decide when j want notifications to wake up the display or not.
    not sure if that was directed at me, but I don't think my screen is waking because of notifications, I think when certain apps (like my weather/news apps) update their feeds or whatever, it activates the screen. Just a theory I got from somebody in the Modeswitcher thread.
    Does anybody have experience with Exhibition development? Is it hard to get started? I quite dislike Exhibition waking up at night and would probably write a little "just a reliably black screen" Exhibition app.
    how about having exhibition do a slide show on a folder with nothing but a black card?

I use mode switcher to shut off radios and notifications at night so it doesn't disturb my wife...

Here is a solid black card you can use to try tweaking the photo option...
    With WebOS 2.1 I don;t have the issue of my screen turning back on. I didn't mind it on with the Clock while I sleep but my wife likes the room to be completely dark. While I was running 1.4.5 I had to turn the phone completely over on it's face, now I don't have too. I really think if you're still having the issue with 2.1 you may want to look at what apps you have installed and if notifications are turned off.
    how about having exhibition do a slide show on a folder with nothing but a black card?
    The screen would be black but the backlight would still be on and illuminate your room.

I use mode switcher to completely switch off my screen IF it's on a touchstone between 11pm and 7am OR it's on a touchstone upside-down. Also have it mute incoming emails and texts, but not phonecalls (in case there's an emergency).
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

I use mode switcher to shut off radios and notifications at night so it doesn't disturb my wife...

Here is a solid black card you can use to try tweaking the photo option...
    There is an Exhibition app called nightstand that produces a black card...does have the status bar at top visible and notifications as well, but outside of that, screen is dark...may want to check it out.