Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Hey.. I thought you loved me !

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    *blush* Oh, h-hey there sketch~

    Update! Well, crap. I tried to change the 3G icon on my Pre2, reloaded Luna, and now it won't load anymore. It gets to the flashing WebOS (HP for most of you) logo, but doesn't get past that. I also noticed that it's not a smooth glow, it gets to the brightest glow, then jerks back to none at all. So I'm just gonna Doctor it and try again.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    *blush* Oh, h-hey there sketch~

    Update! Well, crap. I tried to change the 3G icon on my Pre2, reloaded Luna, and now it won't load anymore. It gets to the flashing WebOS (HP for most of you) logo, but doesn't get past that. I also noticed that it's not a smooth glow, it gets to the brightest glow, then jerks back to none at all. So I'm just gonna Doctor it and try again.
    U didnt backup the originals?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #23  
    Not the originals, no. I've got the edited images lying somewhere around this computer though, so I can change it back if I'm feeling up to it.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    Update! Well, crap. I tried to change the 3G icon on my Pre2, reloaded Luna, and now it won't load anymore. It gets to the flashing WebOS (HP for most of you) logo, but doesn't get past that. I also noticed that it's not a smooth glow, it gets to the brightest glow, then jerks back to none at all. So I'm just gonna Doctor it and try again.
    I just had this happen to me. Im stuck in the HP luna boot. Im not even home to Doctor. And all I did was install patches from preware.

    To answer your initial question, If you are just looking to change images here and there, its pretty simple and doesn't require any patching. You just have to modify which image you want to change and replace it then do a luna restart.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I just had this happen to me. Im stuck in the HP luna boot. Im not even home to Doctor. And all I did was install patches from preware.

    To answer your initial question, If you are just looking to change images here and there, its pretty simple and doesn't require any patching. You just have to modify which image you want to change and replace it then do a luna restart.
    That's quite interesting o.o And what with Sketch and his drama last night at o'crack-sparrow in the morning, it looks like something's going really off with HP software. Hmm...

    And also, yeah, that's what I did was to just replace the images, but after I did that, it refused to boot, so I just finished Doctoring it and now it's reloading all of my apps (sans homebrew, obviously)

    Update! WAAAH! Holy hell! The touchscreen is SCALDING hot! What have I done?!
    Last edited by TheAngelOfElysium; 04/04/2011 at 07:19 PM.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    That's quite interesting o.o And what with Sketch and his drama last night at o'crack-sparrow in the morning, it looks like something's going really off with HP software. Hmm...

    And also, yeah, that's what I did was to just replace the images, but after I did that, it refused to boot, so I just finished Doctoring it and now it's reloading all of my apps (sans homebrew, obviously)
    I've never had that problem when replacing images. Actually, I have never had this problem at all. I did make some changes to a CSS file for messaging and maybe adding a messaging patch is what did it. But I dont know.

    Have you extracted the webOS doctor files? If you do that then you have all the default images right there for you in the same directories as your device. Then just send your modified images to the right directory with webOS Quick Install. Thats probably the easiest way.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I've never had that problem when replacing images. Actually, I have never had this problem at all. I did make some changes to a CSS file for messaging and maybe adding a messaging patch is what did it. But I dont know.

    Have you extracted the webOS doctor files? If you do that then you have all the default images right there for you in the same directories as your device. Then just send your modified images to the right directory with webOS Quick Install. Thats probably the easiest way.
    I did, yeah, and I've just checked, they're all there. I still downloaded a virgin copy of the Doctor just in case.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions