1.    #1  
    i am having a hard time figuring out what to do in order to increase compcache the perm. way. i get in novaterm and run the first two lines but then it seems as if i end up with something where i cant type or modify anything.

any one else ever have any issues doing this?
    thanks for any help
    suggest you use internalz. (activate the advance mode) so that you can edit the file in the phone directly.
    then reboot and you'd see the permanent change.
    I prefer this cause it's a GUI ..rather then pure text mode.
    So I attempted to edit my compcache file on my Sprint Unlocked FrankenPre2 via novaterm. For some reason, vi opened a blank file. I don't know if the compache file existed in /etc/event.d/ prior to the "vi /etc/event.d/compache" command, but when I saw the blank file I attempted to ":q!" out. Well, the "w" key happens to be right next to the "q" key, and I ended up inadvertently saving the blank file as /etc/event.d/compache. Of course, I DID NOT backup the file previously (like I said, I'm not even positive it existed previously).

Anyway, does anybody know how to restore that file? I'd really prefer not to have to doctor. I looked around the doctor I used for my frankenPre2, but the /etc/event.d/ directory contained no files named compcache.

also, a small PSA:
    DO A BACKUP BEFORE MODIFYING FILES ON A LIVE DEVICE!!!!!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey