Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Everything in that folder is encrypted, that's why you can't read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Everything in that folder is encrypted, that's why you can't read it.
    Ok, do you know what it is?
    This happened with my friend's TouchPad last week. It turned out to be corrupted Exchange accounts. He had 2 Exchange accounts on the TP.
    One of the accounts had an email address that was recently moved from IMAP to Exchange. Eventhough the old account had been deleted and was re-entered again as an Exchange account, the TP would show 2 inboxes. 1 for the old account settings and 1 for the new Exchange settings.
    The other Exchange account had calenders that he used to sync with the TP, but were removed using Outlook web access on a regular PC. The TP apparently got confused.

I removed both accounts from the TP, rebooted and added them back. The 'nearly full' message was gone after that.

I guess that the database was corrupted, not full. Looks to be a webOS bug.
    So removing accounts and re-entering them might just solve the problem on your TouchPads...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    This happened with my friend's TouchPad last week. It turned out to be corrupted Exchange accounts. He had 2 Exchange accounts on the TP.
    One of the accounts had an email address that was recently moved from IMAP to Exchange. Eventhough the old account had been deleted and was re-entered again as an Exchange account, the TP would show 2 inboxes. 1 for the old account settings and 1 for the new Exchange settings.
    The other Exchange account had calenders that he used to sync with the TP, but were removed using Outlook web access on a regular PC. The TP apparently got confused.

I removed both accounts from the TP, rebooted and added them back. The 'nearly full' message was gone after that.

I guess that the database was corrupted, not full. Looks to be a webOS bug.
    So removing accounts and re-entering them might just solve the problem on your TouchPads...

That wasn't the issue with my TouchPad:

He had 2 Exchange accounts on the TP.
    One of the accounts had an email address that was recently moved from IMAP to Exchange. Eventhough the old account had been deleted and was re-entered again as an Exchange account, the TP would show 2 inboxes.
    I never had two inboxes, my exchange was never moved, and after rebooting I never encountered the issue again on my TouhPad. But several months later it's happening to my phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Ok, do you know what it is?
    It has been a while since I snooped around my filesystem, but if I recall correctly, that's the encrypted copy of the installed apps. On-device, you can see them un-encrypted in /media/cryptofs/ There are several subdirectories. The apps are in apps/usr/palm/applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It has been a while since I snooped around my filesystem, but if I recall correctly, that's the encrypted copy of the installed apps. On-device, you can see them un-encrypted in /media/cryptofs/ There are several subdirectories. The apps are in apps/usr/palm/applications.
    Ok, thanks.

There must be some correlation between the mojodb-luna process consuming so much CPU time and the Objects.db file growing out of control.

I just wiped my phone (All apps, data, and USB drive), manually wiped the .palm directory (it still had thousands of files), doctored one more time just to be safe... When it came back up, I did not re-enter my credentials to any of my accounts and have not yet restored any of my USB drive data.

So far the problem of Objects.db growing out of control has not re-occurred. I'm going to start signing back into my accounts and see if can catch what's causing it.

This would be a lot easier if there were a way for me to query Objects.db from the Linux command line to see what was using up all the space.

-Jeremy
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just had this happen again on my phone. Automatically restarted while i had patches installed theme installed kernal installed.

Now what?????

Is tehre a safe way to recover after logging back in??
    I keep getting this message. I've erased all text messages, empty email trash. checked email settings, got rid of old apps i don't use, got rid of a ton of old videos, and still i keep getting the error. I'm currently updating to 2.2.4 so maybe it will be solved?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just had the same problem, first a series of "application database full" messages, then the database is full. I tried to avoid a reset but it just happened. Had to restore using palm profile and save/restore and then reset settings and log-in.

Had only recently updated to WebOS 2.2.4.

Have to wait and see if it happens again.
    dsss, did you have to doctor after the reset? The same thing happen to me, but I get the perpetual hp logo. Can't seem to connect pre to PC....am I bricked?
    I just had the privilege of bumping into this bug for the first time tonight. I'm running a Sprint FrankenPre 2, and just updated to 2.2.4 last week. I don't have much installed on it either; I'm showing 14/16GB free.

I'd suspect it would be due to a patch going rogue, but hearing that it's also happening to stock Touchpads sort of puts the kibosh on that theory. I'm planning on doctoring back to 2.1 and staying there until either this gets sorted out or I get a new phone.
    My phone kept getting slower, while the database warning messages kept appearing more frequently, so I doctored back to 2.1.0 as planned last night. So far, the phone seems to be running nice and speedy as it should.

I'm also happy to see the wider array of patches available again; I don't think that the current state of webOS provides much motivation for authors to keep them up-to-date, unfortunately.
    Anything new about the files objects.db and indexer.db and log.000000...?
    I've a lot of problems with my pre3 now, restored and doctored to lot to make fun. I've tried to delete the log... (2mb big) files, bit after that the start assistant begins after a reboot. I don't want to have the app database is full again, how to get rid of this?
    Just started getting this message as well on my Pre 3. Removed Exchange accounts (3) and rebooting now.

If we erase the .palm folder, will it get rebuilt?

I still have 2GB+ space in the USB partition though.
    Just deleted all files inside the .palm directory. Hope it will not cause any issue.

Edit: all homebrew apps dissapeared, cannot open mail app... have to doctor...
    Last edited by kbywal; 03/06/2012 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Just started getting this message as well on my Pre 3. Removed Exchange accounts (3) and rebooting now.

If we erase the .palm folder, will it get rebuilt?

I still have 2GB+ space in the USB partition though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Just deleted all files inside the .palm directory. Hope it will not cause any issue.

Edit: all homebrew apps dissapeared, cannot open mail app... have to doctor...
    Don't delete the .palm folder. It won't fix the problem, it will just delete all your apps, including your built in system apps.

The .palm folder is all of your webOS apps, stored in an encrypted file system to prevent people from pirating the apps.

The *problem* is /var/db, not /media/internal/.palm

Deleting the log files from /var/db sometimes helps.

-Jeremy
    I just got hit with this bug again... webOS 3.0.5 on a 32 GB Touchpad.
    The only way to fix this problem forever is to increase the size of the /var partition to 1gb on your webos device.

2 ways to do this:

1) Create a custom Doctor with Meta-Doctor and go into the Makefile and enable the resizing of the VAR partition to 1gb.

2) Download the app "TAILOR" in Preware and resize the VAR partition to 1gb.

This way its 10 times as big and unlikely to ever fill up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    The only way to fix this problem forever is to increase the size of the /var partition to 1gb on your webos device.

2 ways to do this:

1) Create a custom Doctor with Meta-Doctor and go into the Makefile and enable the resizing of the VAR partition to 1gb.

2) Download the app "TAILOR" in Preware and resize the VAR partition to 1gb.

This way its 10 times as big and unlikely to ever fill up.
    Does this really *fix* the problem or just make it take 10 times longer to occur?
    Isn't there some way to open those database files and investigate tables/rows/columns of data within them to understand what's consuming the space? I've tried myself but I don't know what format they are so I haven't been able to figure out what application can read them.

What bothers me is that out of the 7 or so Touchpads my friends and family own, not one of them have experienced this issue. So what's different about mine that it happens to me on a regular basis? What do those of us who experience this problem have in common? Number of downloaded apps? Is it a particular homebrew app or patch causing the problem?

I'd be concerned that even at 1GB, if the bug is causing /var/db to grow out of control and fill up, it will eventually grow to whatever size you make it.

What can we do to investigate the "Why" behind this issue?

My suggestion:

1.) We should set up an official thread for the issue and ask people to update their saved package list in Preware and then Post that to the thread. perhaps we can find a correlation (Maybe we all happen to have the same particular app)
    2.) We should investigate a way to read the database files located within /var/db and enable people to examine the files themselves to see what exactly is filling it up. If we can see which tables within the database are growing we might be able to come up with a fix for the problem.

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Does this really *fix* the problem or just make it take 10 times longer to occur?
    Isn't there some way to open those database files and investigate tables/rows/columns of data within them to understand what's consuming the space? I've tried myself but I don't know what format they are so I haven't been able to figure out what application can read them.

What bothers me is that out of the 7 or so Touchpads my friends and family own, not one of them have experienced this issue. So what's different about mine that it happens to me on a regular basis? What do those of us who experience this problem have in common? Number of downloaded apps? Is it a particular homebrew app or patch causing the problem?

I'd be concerned that even at 1GB, if the bug is causing /var/db to grow out of control and fill up, it will eventually grow to whatever size you make it.

What can we do to investigate the "Why" behind this issue?

My suggestion:

1.) We should set up an official thread for the issue and ask people to update their saved package list in Preware and then Post that to the thread. perhaps we can find a correlation (Maybe we all happen to have the same particular app)
    2.) We should investigate a way to read the database files located within /var/db and enable people to examine the files themselves to see what exactly is filling it up. If we can see which tables within the database are growing we might be able to come up with a fix for the problem.

-Jeremy
    Its clear that its only happening to hardcore users, so either its just having a LOT of apps or a specific app/patch thats running out of control.

I think its just because we have a lot of apps.

I dont see it ever using up 1gb. If you use up 1gb of database files, your device is going to be so sluggish that it wont even be usable anyways.

I suggest routinely deleting your browser cache, text messages, call logs to prevent the database to fill up.

Before we get all OCD lets first see if 1gb fils up. If not, then why bother exploring why it was filling up before?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast