Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    From HP's reactions on their own forum, they are almost completely unaware of this bug and they don't seem to care very much. Sad.

I think it may be related to profile backup syncing in conjunction with database system changes between 1.x and 2.x (and 3.x).

When I first got webOS 2, I was surprised to see that all of my old text messages were in my messaging app (synced from my old Pre to my brand new Pre Plus) and I soon got that error. Restarted after the wipe, same thing happened within 20-ish hours. When it rebooted all wiped again, I deleted profile backups on a hunch. The app database was full some time after that, but when it rebooted again, only my old apps synced to my phone and no other information was there (i.e. synergy profiles, text messages, notes of which I had a few, etc.) because switching off backups also deletes your backup on the server. I re-entered my synergy accounts manually and everything in those accounts synced back and I haven't had the problem since.
    Bump!!!
    I just got this error on my Pre 3 ("Anwendungsdatenbank ist in Kürze voll"). No help offered. Restart doesn't change anything.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I just experienced this issue with my TouchPad this morning. Woke up to a message saying the database was 'Almost full'. It tried to take me to a help page that wouldn't load. Then I rebooted, and then it told me "The application database is full", and it required me to restart to fix it, which completely wiped my device.

How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?
    Just had this happen tonight after I was importing books using the new Kindle Import app. I checked my Device Info and it showed I had 12gb of my 32gb used. I was offered only to restart and it wiped my TouchPad. Just 2 days ago, my TouchPad completely deleted all programs except those that came with it after trying to use the Kindle Import app, but wouldn't recognize my profile and reinstall my programs. In order to get my programs back, I had to doctor, synch and reinstall everything. Very frustrating. Could there be some kind of memory leak with this app?
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Same here. Just started today on a 2 week old AT&T Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.3 installed. Plenty of USB drive space available.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Based on what I'm seeing in this thread and others, I gather that the cause of this might be the transition from a WebOS 1.4 Profile to a WebOS 2.x profile. So I just wiped out my profile (fortunately all my data is stored in Exchange or on Google anyway), and I'm Doctoring (for the first time in my entire WebOS history). This process is now going to take hours, but I'll let you all know if it rids me of the problem. If not, I may have to kill myself.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    if we wipe the palm profile then you lose your info that you have purchased correct. Then what???

Just got this error for the second time worried that i am giong to have to dr. again. Last time it wiped me out and had to reenter everythign. it did it with patches and everythign installed wasn't good!!!!!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    If you wipe the profile, it still remembers what applications you have bought. The only thing you lose is your settings, passwords and and data that you store in the profile. But as has been discussed in other threads, you should be storing your data somewhere else anyway...like Gmail or Exchange.
    If you wipe the profile, it still remembers what applications you have bought. The only thing you lose is your settings, passwords and and data that you store in the profile. But as has been discussed in other threads, you should be storing your data somewhere else anyway...like Gmail or Exchange.
    you lose any data in apps also. I lost a considerable amount of progress in some games due to this.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Use "Save/Restore" and follow the direction and you won't lose anything.
    Use "Save/Restore" and follow the direction and you won't lose anything.
    Save/Restore does not support all apps. You may still lose data.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    Based on what I'm seeing in this thread and others, I gather that the cause of this might be the transition from a WebOS 1.4 Profile to a WebOS 2.x profile. So I just wiped out my profile (fortunately all my data is stored in Exchange or on Google anyway), and I'm Doctoring (for the first time in my entire WebOS history). This process is now going to take hours, but I'll let you all know if it rids me of the problem. If not, I may have to kill myself.
    I first created my Palm Profile for my Palm Pre 2, which was running 2.0 at the time, and I ended up having this happen and had to turn off backups and do a data/apps restore to resolve it. So I don't think it is due to having a 1.4 profile since I never had one.
    My Touchpad has been randomly causing me to restart the device & restore data via my web OS account. This has been ongoing almost every other day for about 3 weeks when yesterday I had finally had enough!

I called HP support @ 1-877-426-3777, they seemed to have no idea of this error and advised me that they did not have any previous incidents of this type. I was escalated to level 3 support within 10 min of my call.

The support tech didn't have any real solution but she did tell me it was not related to how much data I have stored on the device (USB mode). So that only leaves one other issue the Apps! I don't have many installed but I deleted a few:

-AccuWeather
    -Pandora
    -DirectTV
    -Angry Birds HD...
    -WebOS Meetup
    -Google Calendar Search HD

So far things seem to working fine...I may start to add them back one at a time to see if I can isolate this culprit and report. Makes me wonder who is doing the integration testing over at HP QA!
    CyanogenMod's Android OS Alpha 2 runs better than WebOS thanks to this bug. Nearly daily I have to redo everything. Hardly my idea of useful. Thanks to CyanogenMod for making the TouchPad useful again.
    Upgrading to WebOS 3.04 was a huuuuuge mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdoitalex View Post
    I just got this error on my Pre 3 ("Anwendungsdatenbank ist in Kürze voll"). No help offered. Restart doesn't change anything.
    the same here with a pre3. it's only booting all the time till battery is empty
    but i'll will contact the german-support.tel-no. , which routes to argentinia (2 years garanty for my new device)...
    i fetched a repair-no., it will last ~7days...
    Last edited by chrisly; 10/31/2011 at 07:41 AM.
    don't worry, eat curry!
    Christian
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Still getting this error daily. Hasn't booted me out of profile yet but still having issues would love to get it resolved!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EF_Photo View Post
    My Touchpad has been randomly causing me to restart the device & restore data via my web OS account. This has been ongoing almost every other day for about 3 weeks when yesterday I had finally had enough!

I called HP support @ 1-877-426-3777, they seemed to have no idea of this error and advised me that they did not have any previous incidents of this type. I was escalated to level 3 support within 10 min of my call.

The support tech didn't have any real solution but she did tell me it was not related to how much data I have stored on the device (USB mode). So that only leaves one other issue the Apps! I don't have many installed but I deleted a few:

-AccuWeather
    -Pandora
    -DirectTV
    -Angry Birds HD...
    -WebOS Meetup
    -Google Calendar Search HD

So far things seem to working fine...I may start to add them back one at a time to see if I can isolate this culprit and report. Makes me wonder who is doing the integration testing over at HP QA!
    Any further luck, I can see accuweather and angrybird as common app here that even I have. Not sure if it is the culprit.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Still getting this error daily. Hasn't booted me out of profile yet but still having issues would love to get it resolved!!!!!
    I'm also getting this error on a six month old Pre 2. Just started a couple of weeks ago. So far, I've tried clearing the file-cache, deleting call history, and removing a few superfluous apps that I don't really use. Nothing seems to stop it from coming back. I haven't lost anything yet either.

As far as I can remember the only change before this started happening was the update to Bing Maps. Any chance that this is an enyo issue?
    I got this error on my TouchPad back in July, now it just happened on my Verizon Pre 2 running webOS 2.1.0.

After rebooting, my phone would not boot back up. I waited for hours with the flashing HP logo before I re-doctored the phone.

Shortly after vre-doctoring, it's warning me that my application database is now "almost" full. So I connected it to my PC and loaded up novaterm and did a "df -h" and saw this:

Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-mojodb
                            139.5M    128.3M     11.1M  92% /var/db
    So like others said before me, the issue is in /var/db. Looking at the contents of that folder:

Code:
    # ls -lha /var/db
    drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root        4.0K Nov 25 07:35 .
    drwxr-xr-x   28 root     root        4.0K Nov 25 04:05 ..
    -rw-------    1 root     root           0 May  4  2011 _lock
    -rw-------    1 root     root        2.0M Nov 25 07:35 log.0000000392
    drwx------    2 root     root       16.0K Nov 24 16:11 lost+found
    drwx------    2 root     root        4.0K Nov 24 22:22 main
    drwx------    2 root     root        4.0K Nov 25 00:16 temp
    Also, like before, I'm seeing 2M log files being generated. Looking at these log files I see contents of *really* old emails from my comapny (Exchange) email.

Now the really big files are under /var/db/main:

Code:
    # du -m /var/db
    0	/var/db/lost+found
    0	/var/db/temp
    110	/var/db/main
    112	/var/db
    Of the 139.5 MB available on this partition, /var/db/main is using 110 MB.

Code:
    # ls -lha /var/db/main
    drwx------    2 root     root        4.0K Nov 24 22:22 .
    drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root        4.0K Nov 25 07:35 ..
    -rw-------    1 root     root       24.0K Nov 25 07:34 UsageDbName
    -rw-------    1 root     root           1 May  4  2011 _version
    -rw-------    1 root     root       48.0K Nov 25 04:37 indexIds.db
    -rw-------    1 root     root       19.1M Nov 25 07:39 indexes.db
    -rw-------    1 root     root       56.0K Nov 25 05:35 kinds.db
    -rw-------    1 root     root       90.4M Nov 25 07:34 objects.db
    -rw-------    1 root     root       16.0K Nov 25 07:34 sequences.db
    So 'objects.db' and 'indexes.db' are the biggest files here. objects.db alone is using two thirds of the space for the entire partition. I suspect this is probably not normal or desirable.

Does anyone know what this file is for? Can it be safely deleted?

I also noticed the process:

Code:
    /usr/bin/mojodb-luna -c /etc/palm/mojodb.conf /var/db
    Seemed quite busy. So I decided to peek at /etc/palm/mojodb.conf:

Code:
    {                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
            "log" : {                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                    "appender" : {                                                                                                                                                                                       
                            "type" : "syslog"                                                                                                                                                                            
                    },                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                    "levels" : {                                                                                                                                                                                         
                            /*"default" : "info"*/                                                                                                                                                                       
                    }                                                                                                                                                                                                    
            },                                                                                                                                                                                                           
            "db" : {                                                                                                                                                                                                     
                    "permissions" : [                                                                                                                                                                                    
                            {"type":"db.role","object":"admin","caller":"com.palm.configurator","operations":{"*":"allow"}},                                                                                             
                            {"type":"db.role","object":"admin","caller":"com.palm.service.backup","operations":{"*":"allow"}},                                                                                           
                            {"type":"db.role","object":"admin","caller":"com.palm.odd.service","operations":{"*":"allow"}},                                                                                              
                            {"type":"db.role","object":"admin","caller":"com.palm.service.migrationscript","operations":{"*":"allow"}},                                                                                  
                            {"type":"db.role","object":"admin","caller":"com.palm.spacecadet","operations":{"*":"allow"}}                                                                                                
                    ],                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                    "quotas" : [                                                                                                                                                                                         
                            {"owner":"*","size":20971520},                                                                                                                                                               
                            {"owner":"com.palm.*","size":78643200}                                                                                                                                                       
                    ],                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                    "loadStepSize" : 173,                                                                                                                                                                                
            },                                                                                                                                                                                                           
            "bdb" : {                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                    "maxLocks" : 6000,                                                                                                                                                                                   
                    "maxLockers" : 1000,                                                                                                                                                                                 
                    "compactStepSize" : 25000                                                                                                                                                                            
            }                                                                                                                                                                                                            
    }
    Could I perhaps alter these settings to help with the issue?

-Jeremy
    Ok, so I notice a key thing in common with all of these files. Whether log files, or indexes.db, or objects.db, when I look through them with a text editor all I see are snippets of emails. *Really* *old* emails.

Then I remembered when I backed up my USB partition (immediately after I got it running again after the doctor) I remembered that my file copy mentioned over 9,000 files needed to be copied. This was much higher than ever before so I decided to investigate.

Under /media/internal there is a .palm folder. It contains a LOT of files with random names like:

Code:
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2UGRKVYUB44GAX7V4/=2UO33HYEO5QFRVCSIZNJQ4G6GXM======
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2V6R2V5EJ6EOBX7YDFIFQ====
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2VS423ZEO5IGBCKH3C4J7EWN7ERQRI===
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2WSSL75EB6EIBBMSBVVE4TEUX7WFNPFDSEE======
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2UO43HYEJ6YFCBR7IKJWEBAQZL4ZQ====
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2VS43TT465QFBMAK5JH3PNKNC
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2VWZ3BZOF5QNBBGFQNONOQDQ6XYLXOXQ=
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2W6Z3Z44J5ATAZVESRU5LTEUL4E======
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2W67LXYUN5QPBAQHPMXEA====
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2WSSL744D4QNRH5SAZBI623A=
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2V6RLN5M2VMPBM2A=
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2W6TKVT4464MBM5YZNE47N5FGHHQA====
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2VWZ3H4UN64FCAL75KK37AHI5U3UA====
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2VG23D7WF5AMA7UMA3SR5H3DXPES6KDIE
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2VS43TT4Y6ANRHYC7TXOE25JBJWPA====
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2UWQLX7U43IERM7DEHMK5K===
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2VSZ2VZEN64NRB224WYLMYITVKHFA====
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2VS43TT4M5QFB4FQJOQ56RU4KZE======
    .palm/=2UGTK5YY=/=2WWS2Y===/=2WC33F7I=/=2UGTK57EB4YMAW3PIMCMA====/=2UO43HPUP4ALA3LAKGKPKHQRIJSAFZYO7QOF45NT4/=2VG53754N6Y======/=2UO43HYEJ6YFCBT7UKNVFHSKHIEHSA===
    I did a quick (Well, not as quick as I'd hoped, this command took forever to return) count of the total number of files:

Code:
    # find /media/internal/.palm -print | wc -l
    That's 22,226 files... That is *insane*.

I suspect that the indexer is indexing these files and these files contain snippets of my email. I tried opening a couple of these files but I don't see anything human readable in any of the ones I opened.

-Jeremy
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast