1.    #1  
    Hello my new friends!

As you all, I love my Palm Pre, but I've got a little problem with the managing of volume of the device. I'm mean that it only has 10 different positions and when I'm listening to music, that "huge range" of volume from one to the next may become a shy tune to a very loud one. I must say that I'm a bit sensitive with loud sounds, but I think it would be very appreciated an application that permits regulate the volume in a +-5% range, for example, not in a +-10%

Thank you all!
    Go to "Sound Settings" and scroll to the bottom. Slider will let you (somewhat clumsily) change the volume in 1% increments.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    I was thinking about asking this very same question on the forums just yesterday. Pandora can go from one extreme to the other while turning volume up and down which can become bothersome at work.

I tried using the slider in sound setting but nothing happens. At least with the pandora app running. Am I missing a step?
    can't say I actually tried it while pandora was playing, I'll mess around with it later
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    I think the problem is that I have webos 1.4.5 version. That option doesn't exist
    Assuming you have Preware installed, there are a few patches that will add volume sliders to the device menu. (The menu that drops down when you tap on the icons in the top-right corner) The one I have is called "Device Menu Maxed Out Ultra". It's a lot easier to make a quick adjustment there instead of having to launch the "Sound Settings" app.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Go to "Sound Settings" and scroll to the bottom. Slider will let you (somewhat clumsily) change the volume in 1% increments.
    I have upgraded to webos 2.0 but I don't see that option!!
    selios, if you have preware installed try installing a device menu patch like Josh suggested. I went that route and it's working out just fine. They are a few patches for 2.0 that will take care of it.