Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    So now that we are stuck with certain phones being tied exclusively to carriers which means 2 year contracts. What does this mean for apps and app stores? Angry Birds Rio is exclusive to amazon market place, what does this mean? will they withhold releases on other platforms just to pad a distributions pockets. Example: say QuickOffice only releases to iOS exclusively, for how long? now your 2 year contract is up but you delay moving to WebOS because not only your phone has not been release to say Verizon because of exclusivity but now the app you need will not be available. It looks like in the future we may be stuck with a phone, carrier, and app store setup that will stifle innovation and choice. Your thoughts.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Angrybirds Rio is on the iphone too. Just exclusive to android through amazon. (and probably for a limited time) So thats a bad example.

iphone apps aren't exclusive they just not easy to port to android and webos is too small. We got a bunch of pdk games that android still doesn't have, if Webos was popular you can bet a lot of devs would port.

I don't see quickoffice doing an exclusive deal beacuse I dont see apple paying them too.

EDIT: Rio coming this week to android market > http://www.androidcentral.com/angry-...id-market-week

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I agree, it is just android but the concept of allowing one app store distribution right of passage reaks of strangling distribution channels
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Angry Birds Rio is exclusive on the Amazon App Store ONLY to Android. It is indeed available on iOS, Mac and it is coming to webOS and Symbian on April 8th: Angry Birds Rio flying to Symbian^3 and webOS devices, to land on April 8 - Phone Arena