1.    #1  
    OK, so i saw the recent post on the precentral.net homepage saying that Terminus was working on 2.1 devices. I'm using a VZW Pre+ with 2.1 installed.

The 0.0.6 version of Terminus appears to include the "fix" that was listed in that precentral article, so it looks like the jailer file is fine as-is.

However, when i install the app and run it, all i get is a grey box in the top left corner of the screen. It doesn't accept any character input, though it does change color when i press shift, or ctrl.

Am i doing something wrong, or is it not working?

My motivation here is to use terminus to get the amount of free memory that i have (which i've been told i can do with the "free" command).
    +1
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    me too same problem
    Same here, I had it working with the edit of the jailedusers file but when I updated to 0.0.6 it broke that, i tried going back to 0.0.5 but that didn't seem to help. Ideas?

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Same here, I had it working with the edit of the jailedusers file but when I updated to 0.0.6 it broke that, i tried going back to 0.0.5 but that didn't seem to help. Ideas?

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I never had the 0.0.5 version. Did it have two lines in the jailer file the same way that 0.0.6 does? just wondering if that is the difference.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...s-1-4-5-a.html

Just for context - the blinking cursor with nothing working is not new. I and others have seen this. My own experience is worse than this - crashes LUNA but overall this symptom preexisted 2.1 and the jailer issues.

My understanding with the jailer problem was that this was not able to start at all.
    same, just a solid box in top left corner and it opens very slow to even view that. Any fix? I miss terminal from 1.4.5
    You may try the new SDLTerminal app. Many have reported success on it

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lterminal.html
    sdl terminal is better - and works.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lterminal.html
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    all i had to do for terminus to work was delete the 2nd line that had another jail reference. You only want the line that the fix listed to use. Gonna install sdl too just for the heck of it. I hope webosinternals terminal comes back. It was good for me.
  11.    #11  
    I did what RyanCell suggested and removed the line:
    "4999:5000:us.ryanhope.terminus:/dev/null:/jail_app.conf" from the jailer file that is referenced here: On-device Command Line access returns to webOS 2.1, after a slight tweak | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community and now i have terminal access. Excellent!
    Awesome. Glad it worked for you too!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Awesome. Glad it worked for you too!

Thanks worked for me too!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  14.    #14  
    Now that i have it working i'm experiencing a variety of buggy issues.
    Nothing i can exactly put my finger on, but it seemed to cause issues with playing music, and it wouldn't display "top" correctly. Seems Terminus is not under active development anymore anyway.

I've switched to SDL Terminal, which is better, and is under active development.
    Ya. Terminus can be odd. I like sdl too. I just want a paste command in their next update! I miss terminal.

16.    #16  
    Ya. Terminus can be odd. I like sdl too. I just want a paste command in their next update! I miss terminal.

I think that the current version, 1.0.4, has copy/paste... Haven't tried it yet, but thats what the release notes say. I couldn't get it to install from Preware though, i had to download the ipk from the thread and manually install.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    all i had to do for terminus to work was delete the 2nd line that had another jail reference. You only want the line that the fix listed to use. Gonna install sdl too just for the heck of it. I hope webosinternals terminal comes back. It was good for me.
    This worked for me as well. Just wanted to say thank you!
    Terminus still not working for 2.1 out of the Preware box: Frozen gray cursor on black screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Terminus still not working for 2.1 out of the Preware box: Frozen gray cursor on black screen.
    same issue here
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    same issue here
    anybody get terminus to work on webos 2.2.4?