Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since I would lose my upgrade credit in a few days, I decided I would use my 30 day grace period with an Evo to determine what I will do. I hope the Pre 3 would go on pre sale in that time frame, otherwise, I will be forced to change carriers or use my upgrade on an android device. I may be able to part webos with the Evo 3D, but who knows. What device were you forced to purchase because of Sprint's Premier change?
    I would buy the phone which will have the highest resale value, so that when the Pre3 does come out you can sell whatever you buy and buy the Pre3 for retail. Should have no effect on your contract.
  3.    #3  
    That's the thing... I have no interest paying $500-$600 on a phone.
    I think you missed my point: use the upgrade to get the highest resale phone, use it until the Pre3 comes out, then sell it, and with that money buy the Pre3.

Am i missing something?
  5.    #5  
    No, I suppose if the phone resales at $300-$350 that wouldn't be too bad.
    are the newer Sprint/Android phones going to carry higher resale value than the Evo, which is heading toward 1 year old? I was thinking of the Shift, or even the WP7 phone, but I don't know b/c I am not on Sprint. I agree, shoot for the highest resale value.
  7.    #7  
    Evo's in my area on CL are any where from $275-$375 still. Maybe I will stick with a year old phone instead of my 2 yr old phone. I hate Sprint.
    The Evo will still have resell value until the evo3d is on shelves. Heck sprint might sell both for a while.

Buy an Evo to sell.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    i would try and get a pre plus or pre2 on off the internets and get an off contract plan with either verizon or att until the pre3 comes out then switch !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sprint is not forcing you to buy anything. I would go with Shadavis08 and try to buy a Pre Plus or Pre 2. Yes, you can run both of them on Sprint with a little hacking.
  11.    #11  
    Well, not forcing, but they have taken my credit away leaving me with a day one pre or to try out a new device for 30 days until I figure out what I should do. Does the original pre- to pre+ site convert pre 2 to Sprint? Or will have to do it myself?
    I really haven't looked into this, but i've been waiting to use my upgrade also, but say I loose it by whatever technicality they come up with. wouldn't I just get the same price signing up as a "new customer". my contract would be up anyway? what am i missing?
    "day one pre" does that mean you bought it on launch day june 2009? If so that means that you would be eligable for your 22 month upgrade in april anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourG63 97GST View Post
    I really haven't looked into this, but i've been waiting to use my upgrade also, but say I loose it by whatever technicality they come up with. wouldn't I just get the same price signing up as a "new customer". my contract would be up anyway? what am i missing?
    The way I've understood it is that if you are a premier silver customer then your 1 year upgrade will just change to the date of your 22month upgrade. Case in point, I have been eligable to upgrade since nov 2010, I will lose that upgrade on april 1st, but I will be eligable for an upgrade again in sept 2011(my 22 month mark)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a day 1 Pre, then 22 months is April 1, 2011. You have a full upgrade starting then and the changes to the Sprint Premiere do not matter.
    Evo Shift is a lot faster than the OG Evo
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a day 1 Pre, then 22 months is April 1, 2011. You have a full upgrade starting then and the changes to the Sprint Premiere do not matter.
    I contacted Sprint and the rep never told me this. If I can upgrade after April 1st that message was never conveyed. The rep actually told me to use it or lose it and to do the 30 day trial to wait for pre orders for the phones I would like. I don't know if that means Pre 3 will be up for pre order soon, but that would be neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    You are correct only the premier once every year is affected
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPlayr View Post
    Does the original pre- to pre+ site convert pre 2 to Sprint? Or will have to do it myself?
    Yep.

Device Services | WebOS World

Although the little screwdrivers that you need to do the procedure yourself cost $6 if you ship them. Then you can donate the $15 to webOS Internals yourself, not have to pay $60, and only go without a phone for about an hour. There's a video detailing the whole process on webOS Roundup:

FrankenPre Live! The video. | webOSroundup
    Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    A Sprint rep tried to get me to upgrade my Pre Minus last week, since I'm apparently due (I thought I wasn't Premiere anymore, but whatever), and I said no. He acted like he'd never gotten a no before! When he followed up in email, he asked me what it would take to get me to upgrade, and I said "a Pre 3." Even then, however, I won't upgrade until my Pre Minus is no longer usable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast