1.    #1  
    I activated a pre on my account and I tried to create a new profile and it wont let me. I have the EV symbol have tried battery pull, reset msl multiple times, doctored, reset msl to no solution. Sprint said the phones active, and I have 4 bars. Its a used ebay phone and only thing I can think of its something w/ the phone itself or palm rejecting it for some reason. It has a clean esn so I am stuck on what to do?

This is a spare pre and since it dont work, I just go back to my main pre, but wanted to make a new profile and test this pre, but so far no luck on getting it going. Thank goodness I have my main phone I can revert to. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I activated a pre on my account and I tried to create a new profile and it wont let me. I have the EV symbol have tried battery pull, reset msl multiple times, doctored, reset msl to no solution. Sprint said the phones active, and I have 4 bars. Its a used ebay phone and only thing I can think of its something w/ the phone itself or palm rejecting it for some reason. It has a clean esn so I am stuck on what to do?

This is a spare pre and since it dont work, I just go back to my main pre, but wanted to make a new profile and test this pre, but so far no luck on getting it going. Thank goodness I have my main phone I can revert to. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Are you running 2.1?

I'm not sure you can create profiles on "legacy" devices with webos 2.1, you may need to doctor to 1.4.5 and create it, then doctor to 2.1.

Since its an ebay phone have you done an "Erase all apps and data" from the "device info" app?
    When you say erase with msl you mean you did ##RTN# ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post

Thanks!
    Chat up Palm and make sure the phone doesn't have a security lock on it. They prevent one from making or signing into profiles on a device.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  5.    #5  
    Yes I did the ##786# multiple times, and am running stock doctored 1.4.5 from sprint/palm. I'll try contacting Palm & see if its anything on their end like the security lock mentioned.

NickVTPre: I cant access device info for the erase all apps since I cant get past the profile login.

Thanks!