Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I have been having an issue lately where my music (about 2BG) will not show in the stock (or any other) music app. This only applies to music, not my pictures or anything else. I have tried entering USB mode, changing the name of a folder and ejecting, but no luck. I don't know what to do at this point. Please help.

PS: I'm running webOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre-
    Andrew - Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I have been having an issue lately where my music (about 2BG) will not show in the stock (or any other) music app. This only applies to music, not my pictures or anything else. I have tried entering USB mode, changing the name of a folder and ejecting, but no luck. I don't know what to do at this point. Please help.

PS: I'm running webOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre-
    Try connecting your device in USB Drive mode and add some new music files. Then eject your device from your computer properly (before unplugging it). Then wait a few minutes and try loading the music app.

If that doesn't work, try rebooting your device.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Thanks for your suggestions. I tried both, but neither of them worked. One thing I can do is open Internalz (Pro, now) and launch a song directly from there - not that this is a solution, just information.

My music is organized in folders on my USB partition. Does this make a difference?

EDIT: This is also happening with the videos that I added as part of this. The videos open manually from Internalz as well.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I tried both, but neither of them worked. One thing I can do is open Internalz (Pro, now) and launch a song directly from there - not that this is a solution, just information.

My music is organized in folders on my USB partition. Does this make a difference?

EDIT: This is also happening with the videos that I added as part of this. The videos open manually from Internalz as well.
    Do your folder names have strange characters or symbols in them?

Have you ever been able to acces the music using 2.1?
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    No weird symbols, just the normal folders from iTunes.

I never tried to use music with 2.1 before this. I'm hoping to avoid doctoring if possible.
    No weird symbols, just the normal folders from iTunes.

I never tried to use music with 2.1 before this. I'm hoping to avoid doctoring if possible.
    Perhaps they're nested too deep? what is the full path of an example file?
    (Should be something like /media/internal/music/ yadda yadda).
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    /media/internal/[artist]/[album]/[song].mp3
    /media/internal/[artist]/[album]/[song].mp3
    try installing this INK. You can use webOS quick install to do it. There is a webOS bug in 2.x that causes loss of access music by player. This should fix it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/ca.c..._1.0.0_all.ipk
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Thank you, but this is with the stock music player as well as Music Player (remix).
    Did you try that ipk though? It won't harm your device so its worth a try.
    I've been having the same issue, the link to that ipk doesn't work
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    The thread he linked to has the IPK. So I installed the IPK, but was never prompted (in Music Player (remix)) to enable the library. Still no music anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    Did you try that ipk though? It won't harm your device so its worth a try.
    That IPK is a workaround for a webOS bug that causes 3rd party music apps to lose their access to the music library. If he's not able to see music in the built-in music app, then the IPK will not fix his issue which is why I didn't bother mentioning it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    That IPK is a workaround for a webOS bug that causes 3rd party music apps to lose their access to the music library. If he's not able to see music in the built-in music app, then the IPK will not fix his issue which is why I didn't bother mentioning it.
    Strange because my issue is that the stock player does see all songs, but 3rd party apps either don't see them at all or only some of them. A 16 track album will only show 6 sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Strange because my issue is that the stock player does see all songs, but 3rd party apps either don't see them at all or only some of them. A 16 track album will only show 6 sometimes
    Then similar to bdgdl08, you seem to be having some type of issue with the media indexer.

But remember only supported audio files will show up. You can find a list here: Palm USA | Palm Pre 2 Phone | Features, Details (refer to the "Media formats supported" section)

Then similar to bdgdl08, you seem to be having some type of issue with the media indexer.

But remember only supported audio files will show up. You can find a list here: Palm USA | Palm Pre 2 Phone | Features, Details (refer to the "Media formats supported" section)
    They are all .mp3 i made sure of that already. Plus they all work in the stock player just not 3rd party for some reason and worked with 3rd party before i meta'd to 2.1 on OG Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    They are all .mp3 i made sure of that already. Plus they all work in the stock player just not 3rd party for some reason and worked with 3rd party before i meta'd to 2.1 on OG Pre
    How many 3rd party music apps have you tried with one of the offending music files? If it's just one, contact the developer of that app.

How many 3rd party music apps have you tried with one of the offending music files? If it's just one, contact the developer of that app.
    I've thought of that too tried Koto, your App & NanPlayer all no go.
    Well, NaNplayer would not work regardless because it does not use the new media indexer for 2.0.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast