Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, NaNplayer would not work regardless because it does not use the new media indexer for 2.0.
    True, forgot it hasn't been updated for awhile now
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I've thought of that too tried Koto, your App & NanPlayer all no go.
    If you're having an issue seeing music in all 3rd party apps, try the IPK mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    rwcash likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If you're having an issue seeing music in all 3rd party apps, try the IPK mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Tried that earlier today with a no go still. Doctored back to 1.4.5 for now since I use music on my phone daily.

Thanks for ur help I appreciate it
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Ok. I doctored my phone, recreating the 2.1 doctor and all. I did not erase my usb partition, and the doctor did not erase it either. When I booted up, all of my music was there! Music Player (remix) didn't even ask me for permission to access my media (weird).

Everything was going well... until I added more music. Just one album, copied from my computer using the same nesting and the same formats. All of my music shows up from before, but that one album will not. It seems that my media indexer isn't rescanning. I have all of my pictures and can take new ones. I can also download backgrounds from a third party app which save and can be recalled just fine. Is there a way to manually force the media indexer to rescan from the device?
    Andrew - Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 2.1
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    Ok. Is there a way to manually force the media indexer to rescan from the device?
    Reboot.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Reboot.
    Haha... That hasn't worked for me.
    Andrew - Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 2.1
    Same issue here with a Palm Pre 2 webos 2.1.0.
    New songs are not listed in the Library.
    I can see and launch them with Internalz.
    Installed ipk patch and rebooted .... same issue!
    HELP!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdneri View Post
    Same issue here with a Palm Pre 2 webos 2.1.0.
    New songs are not listed in the Library.
    I can see and launch them with Internalz.
    Installed ipk patch and rebooted .... same issue!
    HELP!!!!!
    Again, the IPK patch is not a resolution to this issue. It's a resolution to the issue where *all* songs in the library are missing from 3rd party music apps (not the built-in music app).

@Nergal2 on Twitter mentioned to me yesterday that they solved this issue by using Internalz to move their music folder to a hidden folder (one beginning with a period). They then moved it back to a non-hidden folder. After that, the new songs showed up. I'd probably wait a few minutes after performing this operation to load the music app just so it has enough time to pick up the changes.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    @Nergal2 on Twitter mentioned to me yesterday that they solved this issue by using Internalz to move their music folder to a hidden folder (one beginning with a period). They then moved it back to a non-hidden folder. After that, the new songs showed up. I'd probably wait a few minutes after performing this operation to load the music app just so it has enough time to pick up the changes.
    IT WORKS!!!!!

Waiting for the official patch .... but now I can listen to recently-copied music again! Thanks!
    Works for me! Thanks a lot.
    thankyou dan! For somereason last week this started happening to me, where the stock and your media player wernt picking up new songs, though has been working fine till then. So everytime I add songs I have to hide and unhide?
    Not sure if this is related, but I noticed this after I moved to the Veer.

I used to have several folders for different types of music, and an M3U file for each folder. On 1.4.5 it would just simply pick up the audio files and place them in Songs, and the M3U files would be in Playlists. But after moving the exact same stuff from my Pre Plus to the Veer, the indexer would somehow lockup when it gets to the M3U file, causing some files to show up and not others. In my case the M3Us needed to be removed, then all my music showed up.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I think I found a fix! I was having this issue on a vzw pre plus running 2.1. I tried renaming the folder, hiding and unhiding, masking and unmasking and rebooting about half a dozen times. Nothing worked. Finally I renamed /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3 to mediadb.db3.bak, launched Music and it instantly found everything. Haven't tried transferring more music yet but will do that and update.

Update: Scratch that, it seems the only thing that helps is use Internalz Pro to Mask the folder, full restart, unmask the folder, full restart. mediadb.db3 doesn't appear to have any effect at all.
    Last edited by OptimusI; 06/25/2011 at 01:15 PM.
    ditto, same problem here after migrating all music, videos and wallpapers from Pre- to new Pre2, those are not recognised by native apps yet playable when opened by Internals. All had previously worked fine in Pre- & no folders changed etc
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...pdating-3.html

hey guys try post #47 in the thread above and it seems to fix this problem the guys that found the solution didnt explain how they figured out how to fix it neither did any other side effects of deleting the file mentioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...pdating-3.html

hey guys try post #47 in the thread above and it seems to fix this problem the guys that found the solution didnt explain how they figured out how to fix it neither did any other side effects of deleting the file mentioned
    did that and it works! yay! thanks
    thanx for that hide/unhide folder fix. mine now recognizes on standard music app again.
    I had a similar problem, after copying several albums onto my PRE3 they would simply not appear in my music library. What I did was I opened all the music files from my phone with MP3tag and modified the tags, afterwards all the files were visible in my music library.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I was seriously going to sell the tablet because of these little annoying problems. Thanks for the "hide/unhide" hokus pokus. That did the trick. Had I known this was a problem before getting this tablet, I would have gone with an iPad.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Thanks for the fix! Yeha!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12