Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I have a pre 2 on verizon and I use skype like crazy for work. Today I had 3 skype conversations going on, emails for tax stuff being written, twitter app open and adding events to my calendar all at once with ease!

Sometimes I cannot get over how productive webos can be.

WebOS is so money
    Thanks for the great story.

Have you checked your bill to see how they distinguish domestic skype from regular cell phone calls? I haven't paid attention to mine, but supposedly domestic skype calls are charged against your minutes.
    webOS is outstanding.

I just got an iPad 2 thinking it would be great to have access to all those apps and still have webos on my phone to have the best of both worlds. Man what a difference using iOS from webOS. Needless to say I don't like iOS at all (at least right now). I'm almost thinking of selling the iPad 2 and waiting for the TouchPad, though I wish there was a 64gb version.

Multitasking doesn't even compare on the iOS. Not to mention all the functionality that is lost in how closed iOS is. I can't even download an email attachment natively.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    We need more apps. We need more apps. We need more apps.
    Thanks, I didn't get it the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Thanks, I didn't get it the first time.
    I still dont get it...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    About the apps. I agree that we more quality apps.

I'm trying to do my part. If webos can nail html5 and css3 in it's native support, it will be the sweetest platform around.

Palm was right, the web is the future and if it runs it's app like browsers run html5 websites, it will be awesome.

To see html5 and it's awesomeness, get firefox 4 and go here:
    https://demos.mozilla.org/en-US/#dashboard
    and here:
    https://mozillademos.org/demos/dashboard/demo.html <-- My favorite

Best part: Code will work in the device just like it would in the browser, with no changes required!

So flexible
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    We need more apps. We need more apps. We need more apps.
    Please don't derail this thread.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    I was thinking of starting a thread like this just now! I've been using webOS since June of 09 (launch day). I just had a friend email me some contact information to my gmail and it was a .VCF I've been having Outlook problems on my computer all day so when I double clicked on it it opened up Outlook, added it to my contacts but crashed. I couldn't open the dam thing to email this person.

I then remembered Synergy, and lo and behold did a 'just type' of the person's name, and all their contact info was on my phone already. Sent the email using my Pre 2 and went on with my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I was thinking of starting a thread like this just now! I've been using webOS since June of 09 (launch day). I just had a friend email me some contact information to my gmail and it was a .VCF I've been having Outlook problems on my computer all day so when I double clicked on it it opened up Outlook, added it to my contacts but crashed. I couldn't open the dam thing to email this person.

I then remembered Synergy, and lo and behold did a 'just type' of the person's name, and all their contact info was on my phone already. Sent the email using my Pre 2 and went on with my day.

Synergy FTW!
    i was just thinking about the skype app today.. hadn't heard much about it after the pre2 finally hit the shelves. I really hope this makes it to sprint, along w/ the pre3.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I challenged my iPhone 4 toting friend to an arms length no look phone home challenge and he wouldn't take it. Love hardware keyboard speed dial!
    Quote Originally Posted by pho_dog View Post
    I challenged my iPhone 4 toting friend to an arms length no look phone home challenge and he wouldn't take it. Love hardware keyboard speed dial!
    There's not much that can beat a physical keyboard. If a device is missing that, there's no way I'm using it.

~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Stiffler-Dean View Post
    There's not much that can beat a physical keyboard. If a device is missing that, there's no way I'm using it.

I was helping my sister set up her new android phone a couple of weeks ago and confirmed to myself once again that I can't type on a virtual keyboard. Well, I can type but it is gibberish.

I'm so glad that the Pre 3 and Veer will have physical keyboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I still dont get it...

Are you a Palm Developer Relations employee? Because that would make sense.
    Stay on-topic folks.....
    the best thing (after multitasking^^) is the notification system. Or better:
    what happend the most is,if i am writing a message(email/sms) and get a phone call,i can write my message further without disturbing.i've never seen anything like that on another phone.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    my 4-yr-old son has found his way around the interface to get to angry birds (which is not on my "home" page). 3 weeks in w webOS and find it by far the most productive tool for me.
    if you want to be productive, get a webos phone. If you want to play around with buttons and menus get something else. There's plenty to choose from
    WebOS is the best system that ever got the least support. Crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    WebOS is the best system that ever got the least support. Crazy.
    So far. We will have a new begining "in the coming months", whenever that is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast