Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    today was very interesting.. i work at a verizon retailer.. no one there knows anything about hp/palm... i school them regularly and usually they're wow'd or too much of a phan boy to admit that its cool.. today was interesting because we got 1 pre 2 shipped in.. pretty sure they shipped it in because of me.. then a customer came in with a sprint pre, and another couple with a pixi plus.. the first day that i've seen any palm users since i've been working there (been working there for a week and a half).

**the good part**

i greeted this guy.. he was like "i'm actually an hp rep" i was like "oooooooooooh <WOW> son!" long story short.. he told me everything we already know and nothing more.. he said i was the most palm enthused store rep he'd ever met.. he took my name and number and email address and said he'd keep me updated.. he also left me with a biodegradable coffee cup/container.. a nice palm pen.. a $5 starbucks gift card, and an amc gift card.. hopefully he keeps in touch and i can give you guys some inside scoops.. he said he'd be back

<moderator edit>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/23/2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: posting around language filters
    Pics and it happened!

That's the reward you get for keeping the faith
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    yup.. i'm excited.. i hope he comes bearing more gifts sooner than later
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    yup.. i'm excited.. i hope he comes bearing more gifts sooner than later
    Sweet! Way to score some swag. Def, keep in touch with that guy.
    Thanks for sharing Great to hear!
    I used to love when manufacturer reps came into the Sprint store I worked at. Sanyo guy came in talking on the Katana before it launched and I had a similar encounter.

Thanks for sharing!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Sweet! Way to score some swag. Def, keep in touch with that guy.
    pretty sweet swag indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    today was very interesting.. i work at a verizon retailer.. no one there knows anything about hp/palm... i school them regularly and usually they're wow'd or too much of a phan boy to admit that its cool.. today was interesting because we got 1 pre 2 shipped in.. pretty sure they shipped it in because of me.. then a customer came in with a sprint pre, and another couple with a pixi plus.. the first day that i've seen any palm users since i've been working there (been working there for a week and a half).

**the good part**

i greeted this guy.. he was like "i'm actually an hp rep" i was like "oooooooooooh <WOW> son!" long story short.. he told me everything we already know and nothing more.. he said i was the most palm enthused store rep he'd ever met.. he took my name and number and email address and said he'd keep me updated.. he also left me with a biodegradable coffee cup/container.. a nice palm pen.. a $5 starbucks gift card, and an amc gift card.. hopefully he keeps in touch and i can give you guys some inside scoops.. he said he'd be back

<moderator edit>
    I wish you worked at the Sprint store instead and an HP rep visited your store
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I wish you worked at the Sprint store instead and an HP rep visited your store
    yeeeeeeeeeeeah.... me too :/
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    HP reps in my area were also awesome back-in-the-day. They used to pay for the whole store to eat pizza buffet, laser tag, go karts, and unlimited arcade for an hour.

Suffice to say, I sold a lot of HP printers as a result of their hospitality.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    HP reps in my area were also awesome back-in-the-day. They used to pay for the whole store to eat pizza buffet, laser tag, go karts, and unlimited arcade for an hour.

Suffice to say, I sold a lot of HP printers as a result of their hospitality.
    nice
    Those reps are contractors from a company that provides retail sales reps. I have a card somewhere with the company name. I'm always impressed at how well they know their pitch for the Palm products. Very enthusiastic. But, as contractors they have no access to "future" info...

I used to do something similar to that in the software biz back in the day, but we weren't contractors. We'd rent movie theaters, skyboxes, etc. and make the store training into big events. Lot's of fun!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Those reps are contractors from a company that provides retail sales reps. I have a card somewhere with the company name. I'm always impressed at how well they know their pitch for the Palm products. Very enthusiastic. But, as contractors they have no access to "future" info...

I used to do something similar to that in the software biz back in the day, but we weren't contractors. We'd rent movie theaters, skyboxes, etc. and make the store training into big events. Lot's of fun!
    this guy said he works for hp directly.. i asked him did he work at the headquarters at 5400 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX and he said while he goes there often, his job is to travel to different retail stores and inform about hp products and possibly "seed" (his words) devices to the managers or who ever the manager deemed.
    He's probably a manager. Palm has field managers that work for Palm, but they are managing contractors. I would love to find a job like that!
    cool story bro........and i mean that sincerely.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yay -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    He's probably a manager. Palm has field managers that work for Palm, but they are managing contractors. I would love to find a job like that!
    yeah me too.. i told him to let me know about positions similar to his that were open lol
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    cool story bro........and i mean that sincerely.
    thanks! i thought it was pretty darn cool too
    I want that pen.

Thanks for the story.

ET
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I want that pen.

Thanks for the story.

ET
    yeah, i don't drink coffee.. so i was like wtv with the mug/container/cup.. whatever you call it.. but the pen is pretty sweet.. its like instant nostalgia/antique/classic.. lol