1.    #1  
    Good morning

I'm not the only one, I have seen many many threads that says that there is a problem with Uberkernel 2.1.0-18 and the camera.

About 1 of 3 times, the first picture I take, it says cannot take the picture, and when I can take a picture, the photo is saved in the /media/internal/DCIM/100PALM/ directory but the application PHOTO didn't see them

I know that in version 10 or 11 of Uberkernel for WebOS 2.1.0 on the Pre- there was a problem and the camera apps wasn't working at all and they corrected it.

V 19 of Uberkernel ???

Fix for this???

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Any reason you think this is an Uberkernel issue as opposed to a webOS bug?
    here's my fix.... I didn't notice the issue until yesterday, actually. I took a picture...... I got the error something to the effect of "could not take picture...yadayada" retook picture ......problem solved.

not much of a fix, but it worked for me
    I've seen the same problem with UK 2.1.0-18. I could uninstall UK and the camera app would work fine, then reinstall and it produced the same behavior, often giving me the "Could not take picture" error. Perhaps I was just unlucky and it would have happened with the stock kernel, but I only experienced the problem running UK.

It happened for a few days before it magically resolved itself and I've not seen the problem since.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I've seen the same problem with UK 2.1.0-18. I could uninstall UK and the camera app would work fine, then reinstall and it produced the same behavior, often giving me the "Could not take picture" error. Perhaps I was just unlucky and it would have happened with the stock kernel, but I only experienced the problem running UK.

It happened for a few days before it magically resolved itself and I've not seen the problem since.
    That's correct, my wife's Pre - didn't have UK and the camera was working wery well, installed UK V18 and problems came!!! Uninstall it and everything is OK beside the speed!!

Thank's
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    You could try lowering the system speed. When the issue first occured, I had UK@800MHz.

I set it to "Palm Default 600 MHz" and it worked fine.