1.    #1  
    Is it possible to make a patch to send text messaging over bluetooth? I just bought a ford escape and it says my phone is not equipped to send text messaging over bluetooth. If not, does anyone knows which phones are capable of sending text messaging over phone? Thanks in advance.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    What do you mean? like sending word messages to your car to to other phones via bluetooth?
    I have a '11 Edge (ford has a microsoft technology called Sync and a few of the newer ones like the Edge, has an upgraded version called ford mytouch). What it allows you to do, if your phones bluetooth is capable, is read back received text messages and allow you respond via voice to text. I know some of the newer androids support this. I believe it all depends on the bluetooth hardware that is in the phone.
  4.    #4  
    Man I wish pre-3 has the capability, I have a '11 Escape Hybrid, wishing to receive my text messages over navigation system, rather than looking at them at phone
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I am waiting for my 2012 Focus to come in, and also wish this capability were included.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Man I wish pre-3 has the capability, I have a '11 Escape Hybrid, wishing to receive my text messages over navigation system, rather than looking at them at phone
    Well apparently thats how the Pre 3 and Touchpad Share info like text messages and phone calls isnt it? Maybe this will come with the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Well apparently thats how the Pre 3 and Touchpad Share info like text messages and phone calls isnt it? Maybe this will come with the Pre 3.
    The real issue there is in the standards for how SYNC supports it. Is text messages over Bluetooth a protocol that has to be announced by the device during the pairing process? Once that part is done, writing an app that uses that protocol SHOULD be easy for a developer. At this stage, WebOS 2.1 does not have the required protocol support for it(tested with my 2012 Focus). SYNC version is Gen 1-3.1.1

For those curious, I BELIEVE that the MyFord Touch or MyLincoln Touch are considered SYNC Gen 2.