Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just meta-doctored my Sprint Pre minus to 2.1.0. Overall it's enjoyable with a few minor caveats.

So I visit a web site that I know for a fact supports OpenSearch. Wolfram|Alpha Mobile—Computational Knowledge Engine is one example.
    The notification that I can add a web search either never shows up or takes a few minutes (I'm not exaggerating) to show up. The latter *rarely* happens, really.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of problem? Any solutions, insight, and/or things to try in troubleshooting?

Also, I clobbered together this, for those for whom OpenSearch *is* working:
    Darren’s OpenSearch page
    I can't guarantee it'll work for you because of the problem I'm posting about here.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    The notification is appearing for me. I'm using a Sprint Pre 2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem, I can't even get PreCentral.net to come up to add!
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I wonder if the iPhone user agent might have something to do with it. Has anyone with the patch been able to get search engines?

DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Yep, I'm using the iPhone spoof and got notifications.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I wonder if the iPhone user agent might have something to do with it. Has anyone with the patch been able to get search engines?
    I don't have that patch installed. :/
    Last edited by dsevil; 03/22/2011 at 06:01 PM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Is there any update on this issue?

Maybe the opensearch formats used in the linked examples (at webonastick.com/opensearch) is wrong?

I still don't get the notification for the possibility to add the search to my Just Type.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ok, forget it: There was a typo in my XML file.

Actually everthing works fine now (for me @ 2.1).