1.    #1  
    How do I do this? I've got patches and other things on this phone, will it erase them? pPlease will someone help?
    You can't download 2.1 on Verizon. If you want 2.1, you must read this thread (at least the first post) and follow the instructions on the Wiki. It might be too complicated if you find yourself frustrated with computers.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #3  
    I love playing with computers. I just donlt wanna acidently break my phone or erase everything. % know it isnlt available OTA or through webos doctor unless your German. Is it fairly easy??
    It's not too hard. You won't break your phone. You may lose profile data however. I think the new scripts allow you to upgrade your palm profile to 2.1, but not you won't be able to downgrade back to 1.4.5 profile. You gotta download virtual box and a linux distro, or cygwin (i've never used that), and install a few things like java and python. Then you get the meta-doctor, and the scripts compile the doctor for you. The wiki page is the end all know all source of information for the upgrade. If you're pretty good with computers you should be able to do it in an hour or two.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  
    In your personal opinion, is it worth it? Are the updates really worth the trouble?
    Without a doubt it's worth it. 2.1 is awesome. I can't imagine going back. I got a replacement phone from VZW the other day and I was checking out 1.4.5 for a minute, and it's literally years behind 2.1. The difference is night and day IMO.

Just be aware it's not without its bugs. I'd do a quick read through of the bug thread to see if there's anything important that you're using that might be broken in 2.1.

But for me, I'm no business user, and I don't really care about bugs, I just want to get the most out of my device. There's just so many good things about 2.1 that I can't really put into words.

Like I said, without a doubt go for it and you won't be disappointed.

7.    #7  
    Okay, thanks so much! I will definitely work on it later tonight. Thanks again:]
    Here's a couple more threads to check out if you're on the brink of deciding whether or not to go through:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-thoughts.html

http://forums.precentral.net/general...s-variant.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ts-issues.html

Also I'd just like to say that for a while there was no overclock available and I was running 2.1 w/o an OC, and it felt zippier and snappier than 1.4.5 ever was. =)

Enjoy your phone!!

9.    #9  
    Did you get my private message? It says it didn't send.