1.    #1  
    So, I'm a WebOS user from Mumbai, India running a pre- with WebOS 2.1 on an Indian carrier named Loop Mobile.

Over the last 2-3 days, I have noticed some features that have magically started working. I've been running 2.1 for almost 2 weeks now so I know it is not because of the upgrade.

The first being facebook places works now. I started my FB app yesterday and it asked me if I wanted to allow it to use the GPS. I selected yes and to my surprise it showed me the places option which was never shown. It also works without any problems.
    The second change I noticed was while browsing beta apps through appscoop, the prices were always shown in UK pounds as I had selected UK on the first run app. Yesterday it showed me the price as Rs 3.99 instead of 3.99 While it was not a literal conversion it was suprising to see it showed me the Indian rupee symbol. I had not updated appscoop since I installed it 2 weeks ago. I will post screenshots of appscoop when I get home.

I don't know what all this means yet but I do hope these changes lead to the app catalog being opened up to non supported carriers.
    Sounds promising for us Palm addicts living outside the US, specially in the so called unofficial countries.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I live in canada and am running a pixi plus on at&t (pixi isent in canada) yet everything works perfectly.