1.    #1  
    HP is advertising on NCAA tournament channels here in the US. They are using that wierd "take a walk on the wild side" song from Feb. 9th event. The ad is WebOS-centric. Nice to see the effort, but I think the loud droid ads are more effective. What do you think?
    More effective? I don't care for the droid ads because to me they're overdone and don't showcase the strengths of Android. They showcase Android as a powerhouse, when in reality, for most people, it's a cluttered mess. Ads are designed to get you to notice the product. The new HP ad does just that. There's been multiple times where I've been messing around on my laptop or in the kitchen getting a drink and I've noticed halfway through the ad that the commercial was on again. They happen so frequently. It's awesome. Great ads don't have to try to be great, and with HP they already have a superb reputation. I think the products and the company speak for themselves. These ads are super-effective if you ask me.
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/20/2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Yeah those droid ads always focus on 1GHz processors, HD displays, and Flash. Not very creative in my opinion.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    HP had a really nice ad out for awhile that I really liked.
    And no, it wasn't the pale girl ad.
    I really liked the 'piano guy' ones, but it seems like they have practically no views on Youtube. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I really liked the 'piano guy' ones, but it seems like they have practically no views on Youtube. =(
    A good number of webos users (most views were from them i bet), have gone elsewhere.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    my point is supported by the fact that halfway through the ad you were just beginning to take notice.....the droid ads (admittedly dumbed down) are very attention getting. All best wishes for HP and WebOS.

sent from my Pre2 on Big Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipberkheimer View Post
    my point is supported by the fact that halfway through the ad you were just beginning to take notice.....the droid ads (admittedly dumbed down) are very attention getting. All best wishes for HP and WebOS.

sent from my Pre2 on Big Red.
    "Attention getting" trumps "more information" everytime. Thats why apple's commercials do so well
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by flipberkheimer View Post
    Yeah but I have ADHD and a multitude of other disorders so I'm not really the general public. The fact that it actually got my attention at all is a feat in and of itself. I rarely notice the droid ads. The ad that gets my attention the most is the Chrysler ads and anything with a techno beat.

Yes, HP should put out some techno WebOS ads.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

The droid ads I've seen really don't get my attention. It's kind of like throwing specs in your face, and I don't think most people care about that. Apple's ads very rarely show/talk anything specs-wise. They just get your attention by showing the phone in action. The HP ads do the same thing, though in a different style.

Personally, I believe the HP ads are more effective at getting a potential customer's attention. Whether or not they help make the sale...well...that's something we will see in the next few months.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    "Attention getting" trumps "more information" everytime. Thats why apple's commercials do so well
    Pretty sure Apple commercials are more attention getting then anything. The commercials that do best are ones that are the most attention giving but give you a handful of info in a perfect balance.
    Could someone post a link to the youtube of this ad?
    I dont have access to US Television channels and hundreds of hours to sit and watch waiting for it to come on...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Haha! Can I kick it by A tribe called quest just came on my pandora playlist :

Quote Originally Posted by elslunko View Post
    Haha! Can I kick it by A tribe called quest just came on my pandora playlist :

Is that related to ... how is ...

... what?
    Click the link, it might sounds familiar. Great song by the way.
    I must be missing something, because the only music I can find in the new HP spots is the awful re-make of "take a walk on the wild side" mentioned in the OP, and the piano guy. Where is A Tribe Called Quest music used?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    It's the loop in the background.