Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have a pre that I don't use any more and I wanted to know is there a way to turn it into a pre paid minute phone. I searched for it in the forums but couldn't find it. If someone knows how to do it or where I can find a page about it can you point me in the right direction?
    Hi T-Easy,

With a Sprint Pre, one of the only possibilities would be to have a Cricket store flash it over to their service. But you have to be living within a Cricket area. Otherwise there really isn't another option for an original Pre-.

I believe that the GSM version could be set up on a pay-as-you-go plan since it uses a SIM card... but someone else would have to confirm that.
    There's actually a couple threads for the Gsm Pre.
    One can be found by searching GoPhone.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have the original pre is that the same as a GSM Pre?
    Who's your carrier now?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Sprint
    If you are on Sprint your phone is not GSM.. it's CDMA and the only possibility you would have is to try Cricket if you are in an area served by them. You could also look at MetroPCS, but I wouldn't suggest that one.
    If you have a GSM pre, Start at post#33
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...uire-data.html
    Last edited by Different Drummer; 03/19/2011 at 06:57 PM.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    How about for CMDA--Verizon? Thnks