1.    #1  
    What features do you want to be added into WebOS 2.0 by the time Pre 3 gets here? It's entirely possible there are some hiddon jewels somewhere so go ahead and tell us what you think and want.

Here it starts ....

#1: "Just Speak". I credit dan (you know who you are!) for reminding me about this feature and making me want to make this thread. Just Speak is just that -- you speak, your phone does. Tap the "Just Type" button and it will activate "Just Speak" and then you say ... Cool List ... and your Music Remix will load that playlist. I think that would be a good feature.

#2: Lets Go Social. Kinda what Apple is trying to do with Ping, but this will be only for WebOS Connected Devices. This will add more value in WebOS Browser for PC (hopefully Mac too!). Why should HP try to connect all WebOS users into one community that only WebOS users can enjoy? Just say that question out loud and you'll see how amazing that would be.

Imagine you needing help doing something, have a question. You "Just Type" the question and then anyone can see it. Create some sort of forum that you can access via your phone and on WebOS Browser. This would create a sense of community and would become something special. And adding friends would allow you to instantly send messages to all your friends, photos over the internet. Sure all of this can be done with Facebook, but it would be kinda cool. Kind of like BlackBerry Messenger, but more like Facebook or a community like PreCentral.net.

#3: Built in photo editing software. Work with Adobe to bring some sort of PhotoShop Lite on Pre 3/TouchPad exclusively. This would be amazing being able to do simple photo editing with just a few clicks. I would like it.

What other features would you like?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    +1 on your ideas

-Full voice commands (complete text to speach)
    -Built in file browser
    -Folders in the App Launcher
    -USB Mode while still running the phone (like android)
    -virtual keyboard that can be customized (like Android)
    -launcher page can be customized without patches (4x4 icons, show bottom row of icons in launcher, etc)
    -better Media app (Hopefully 3.0 adds this)
    -Default flashlight app (Both iOS and Android do this IIRC)
    -Apps that work well in horizontal and vertical mode (Hopefully 3.0 adds this)
    -Better browser (Hopefully 3.0 adds this)

And I wish for a phone that has a battery that can last through a whole day, and an OS that is optimized to run fast at 500 or 800MHz (iOS), not requiring a 1.2 or 1.4 GHz processor to look speedy (Though, the Veer seems to run fast at 800MHz, just it's not pushing a lot of pixels).
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    #3: Built in photo editing software. Work with Adobe to bring some sort of PhotoShop Lite on Pre 3/TouchPad exclusively. This would be amazing being able to do simple photo editing with just a few clicks. I would like it.

Not to derail this thread, but there is on-phone image editing: image worker.
    The UI is ugly, but it's functional.

As far as wishlist goes:

I would like to see integrated wireless file transfer. webOS is all about no wires, so why do we have to use a cable for adding music? (especially since you can do this with SSH already using homebrew...)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    +1 on your ideas

-Full voice commands (complete text to speach)
    -Built in file browser
    -Folders in the App Launcher
    -USB Mode while still running the phone (like android)
    -virtual keyboard that can be customized (like Android)
    -launcher page can be customized without patches (4x4 icons, show bottom row of icons in launcher, etc)
    -better Media app (Hopefully 3.0 adds this)
    -Default flashlight app (Both iOS and Android do this IIRC)
    -Apps that work well in horizontal and vertical mode (Hopefully 3.0 adds this)
    -Better browser (Hopefully 3.0 adds this)

And I wish for a phone that has a battery that can last through a whole day, and an OS that is optimized to run fast at 500 or 800MHz (iOS), not requiring a 1.2 or 1.4 GHz processor to look speedy (Though, the Veer seems to run fast at 800MHz, just it's not pushing a lot of pixels).
    +1 on all your idea's. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but there is on-phone image editing: image worker.
    The UI is ugly, but it's functional.

As far as wishlist goes:

I would like to see integrated wireless file transfer. webOS is all about no wires, so why do we have to use a cable for adding music? (especially since you can do this with SSH already using homebrew...)
    Nice! I didn't know! See ... this is why a living social would be a good idea within a platform. Finding out all your features and how to use them ... quite literally built in. And I am all for built in wireless transfer. In fact, having a built in File Browser would be useful for this, assuming it can access my iMac over a wireless connection.

Come on guys! Lets keep it going.
    I would like to see a stylus and amazing software that takes advantage of it.

I was thinking of this scenario, I am at a meeting, some one passes out an agenda, I use the rear facing camera to take a picture on my tablet to pull the agenda onto the screen. then I use the stylus to take notes on the agenda next to the bullets.

Same story with research, I pull in an article then use the stylus to take notes in the margins and underline stuff.

Same story with ebooks

I want software like what you see in the Kno

I also want just speak! I am so jealous of android for this.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I really wish they would integrate MSN Messenger