Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So I gave my "phone offline" pre to my dad to replace his old dying Windows Mobile PocketPC. He seems to like it so far as a PDA, but one thing I haven't been able to help him with is offline GPS. Google maps stops working as soon as it looses data connection. Is there a way to cache Google maps or a complete stand-alone GPS program? I know there is Navit, but it's kind of confusing for him.
    I think navit is the only offline GPS solution available for the pre (yet)
    did you check in to Navit?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've been playing with Navit, but I can't really figure out the interface. Trying to input an address to navigate to isn't the easiest.
    anyone managed to figure out a free way to use the inbuilt GPS?
    Mapping Tool Lets you work offline.

L\'Haut-Parleur WebOS: MapTool 0.9.6 on PreCentral, Wikay 1.0.1 in the AppCatalog, Match This! Pro in the AppCatalog

Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    So I gave my "phone offline" pre to my dad to replace his old dying Windows Mobile PocketPC. He seems to like it so far as a PDA, but one thing I haven't been able to help him with is offline GPS. Google maps stops working as soon as it looses data connection. Is there a way to cache Google maps or a complete stand-alone GPS program? I know there is Navit, but it's kind of confusing for him.
    any luck yet for a free spoken gps app like droid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    any luck yet for a free spoken gps app like droid?
    The webOS 2.1 meta-doctor and then pruchasing nDrive would be your option right now. That's assuming they fixed that bug in HP's db that wasn't recognizing Pres on 2.1.