1.    #1  
    Hi

i know there is a post similar to this but i have read through it and it seems that the "issue" i face hasnt been resolved therefore i am hoping someone can help me. I do apologise if this is a repeating matter. Basically i was wondering if the email app on the pre supports full emails. The reason i ask is because i had my hotmail acc configured on it however due to the limitations of POP3 i wasnt able to view my folders on the phone. i then reconfigured it after MS made changes to hotmail and now i can view all my folders but at the cost that my emails will only appear as text with option to view the web version when i open the email. I note that MS fixed the hotmail issue by making the connecting server m.hotmail.com/co.uk. I was wondering if there is a way to fix it so that i can keep all my folders and still view full emails rather than text only. I have found a long winded alternative by have duplicates of my hotmail account, 1 set up with POP3 settings and the other with the exchange type settings.

any help would be greatly appreciated but if there is no fix then ill survive.
    I'm still not 100% sure what you mean.. Is the messages being truncated?

Do you have a screen shot?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    hi Sketch,

thanks for the reply however I think I have over complicated the issue, I will now try to simplify what I mean. Basically I am *****ing becoz I can no longer view the full content of emails i.e. Images. Basically to view all the folders in my hotmail account I had to configure it like I would an exchange account.

can you provide a heads up as to how to upload images.
  4.    #4  
    Hi Sketch,

Finally i have been able to upload some images to show you what i mean.

Edit: the first and last images are from the account that is setup up to connect to the m.hotmail.com server and loads only text and no other content.

the 2nd and 3rd images are from the same acc but this has been set up using the standard POP3 configuration.

As i stated before this is just a minor quibble but it just would be great to have all my account folders and still be able to view the content of my emails without the need to 'connect to the website' to do so. i understand a gmail account allows you to view inbox subfolders as standard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DreadVenom; 03/18/2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Update
    Please explain the exact email configuration in place for images 1&4 and then for images 2&3. I understand that the 2&3 were done with pop3 mail settings - what was the setting for 1&4? Was it set to IMAP, or something else?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    As far as I am aware html email over direct push is an exchange limitation that can only be resolved by upgrading to exchange 2007 or higher. This is what my exchange provider has explained to me about my business exchange email account. So it's not the phones issue but rather your exchange providers problem. Hope this helps.
    It's a Microsoft limitation in Exchange 2003 and Hotmail EAS. From what I've read it's a problem on Android and WP7 as well.
  8.    #8  
    kool guys, thanks for the updates. To 'unclevenya' the settings for images 1&4 is imap but the account is an hotmail account and nothing to do with a business therefore requirements to upgrade to a newer exchange server wouldn't apply. As I was trying to explain MS made a tweak to hotmail to enable users that have folders in their hotmail to view them on mobile devices. To do this the user had to set m.hotmail.com as the server they are connection to rather than simply hotmail.com. The trade off for this is that users get to view all their inbox folders but not full HTML emails.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadVenom View Post
    kool guys, thanks for the updates. To 'unclevenya' the settings for images 1&4 is imap but the account is an hotmail account and nothing to do with a business therefore requirements to upgrade to a newer exchange server wouldn't apply. As I was trying to explain MS made a tweak to hotmail to enable users that have folders in their hotmail to view them on mobile devices. To do this the user had to set m.hotmail.com as the server they are connection to rather than simply hotmail.com. The trade off for this is that users get to view all their inbox folders but not full HTML emails.
    As far as I have been told by Hotmail support m.hotmail.com is hotmails exchange domain address so its effected by the exchange limitation and it will not support html email only text email at the moment.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks gwhelan. I had thought as much. i guess i can survive with text only.
    Thanks once again to everybody who responded. Now that i have found out what i wanted to is there a way to close this thread??