1.    #1  
    What is WebOS Doctor i don't own a pre but i think I'm getting the Pre 3 and i keep hearing about backing up your phone with it and installing new firmware. So does anyone have a review or tutorial that i can watch just so i can learn what it is. Also does it work on OSX?

<edited>
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/15/2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: removed link
    it does a fresh wipe and factory fresh install of webOS. One of the best features of webOS, because you can't brick your phone... just run the doctor and start over!
  3.    #3  
    So it deletes everything is there anyway to back it up first?
    yes. Install Preware. From Preware install an app called "save/restore" to back up all our app data. Then copy the contents of the USB partition to your PC.

Usually running the doctor doesn't wipe out your USB partition, but some versions do, so it's best to back it up.

Your app purchases and any contacts/calendar entries in your Palm profile are backed up every night, but you should run the backup manually just before you start...
  5.    #5  
    You said app (purchases) what about free apps.
    All your apps are tied to your Palm Profile so as long as you use the same profile, you will get all your apps back after a reset. They will download automagically to your phone after the phone finishes the doctor process and all your accounts (Google, Facebook, AIM, etc) are restored. Just remember to not forget your Palm Profile login information!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I know exactly what webos doctor does but the part where you said you can brick your phone just run the doctor will that unbrick it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    I know exactly what webos doctor does but the part where you said you can brick your phone just run the doctor will that unbrick it?
    unless you have physically damaged the phone (dropped it in water, melted the circuit board, etc) the doctor will flash the phone back to factory fresh.

it's a beautiful thing
    Quote Originally Posted by abocornwall View Post
    You said app (purchases) what about free apps.
    Apps from the app catalog, free or paid. Everything else gets backed up and restored from the save/restore and saved package list entioned above
    Thats just awesome im pretty impressed with HP.
    Palm impressed HP so much, they bought the company.
    The OS is just awesome im glad there still using this OS, webOS all the way.