1.    #1  
    I was talking to a friend over gtalk on the Pre today(2.1 pre-) and it kept saying he was signing in and out, and he said that I kept signing in and out. Anyone else having this issue? My signal was fine at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I was talking to a friend over gtalk on the Pre today(2.1 pre-) and it kept saying he was signing in and out, and he said that I kept signing in and out. Anyone else having this issue? My signal was fine at the time.
    Wifi or 3g? Were you traveling? I'm guessing you're on Sprint since its a Pre-. Do you have the latest PRL? that could cause reception issues...

Did you try a reboot?
    I had similar problems the other day. I kept receiving GTalk messages, but every time I tried to reply I got a non-descriptive error message and the message didn't send.

Non-activated unlocked Pre2, webOS 2.1, over WiFI
    I wonder if removing "messaging" from Google in the Accounts app while on the wifi network might fix this... This method worked to get my contacts synced after i upped to 2.1 on my Pre+.

I opened the Accounts app, then chose the Google account. Toggled off contacts, accepted the delete contacts choice, swiped back. Then went back into the google account and re-enabled the contacts.

Something is broken with google on 2.1, so maybe that approach would also "fix" messaging?