1.    #1  
    Hi all,

This question isn't something that I will actually have to worry about it. However, I know it will effect many other people.

Much of what was discussed about WebOS running thru windows still make me wonder if the following is needed, is possible, (and could be done if not by HP itself or outside vendors such as the Home Brew Community)?

Here is my premise:

Your going on a very long flight IE: JFK, (NYC) to Tokyo. Since the flight is very long, (trust me I done it).

Unless you are using a laptop with flash memory type of "hard drives", you will be forced to have more than one battery.

However, could webOS be rigged to boot the computer to just run mp3's, view photos and possibly a DVD. Therefore you would just be using the laptop in a "travel mode", without using WP or spreadsheets, etc., which would absolutely NEED windows.

Would that use a great deal LESS power than Windows? After all, Win 7 like all Windows OS is a power and resource hog.

I would never need this work, but I am sure many of you would.

Take care as always,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I don't think so. From what they described, it looks like webOS will be running as a program on top of Windows, so you won't be able to boot into webOS.
  3.    #3  
    Hi & Thank you,

That is my take on how HP has laid it all out....However, I have come to realize that the Home Brew Community can practically walk on water....I want to know if the HB community can change webOS working on top of Win, is that even possible????? If so, wouldn't it cut the power usage of the laptop substantially??

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  4. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Wouldn't playing a DVD consume power like a spinning hard drive?

Thinking about running in Windows... isn't that what Cygwin does? Runs some kind of Linux in a window?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  5.    #5  
    Hi, we are getting into areas that are beyond me and that is why I asked...I am still using my Centro, so I still have PalmOS to deal with....within PalmOS you can convert movies to a vid file wouldn't be on a DVD, ....isn't it possible that webOS could be rigged to do that, therefore, no DVD motor or moving parts???

Take care, Jay