1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am currently looking for a phone or a tablet, and frankly, i do not like android or iOS. they have to much serious problems. But webOS looks cool, so i wanted to ask few things about it so its easer to chose, buy it or no...

1) How does synergy work? Is it mandatory, or we can use device without it? Basicly use sims contact list and still be able to back it up off-line?

2)Does webOS have good navigation software that we can be use?

3)how good battery palm products have? I do still have old palm tugsten t3, but its to old and so it can not be used for good comparison...
    Well to answer your first quest in webOS 1.4.5 or 2.x synergy is not mandatory as you can turn off services for each account.. However everything is still synchronized via the cloud with your default palm profile.. There are some desktop software solutions you can use such as chapura or echo and a couple of others

Battery Life is a crap shoot on the older devices .. So far though on my pre2 I get excellent battery life

And as far as navigation... I use sprint Nav.. And it sufficient for me..So couldn't say about any other.. There is navit but again I never used it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    1) Synergy just collects all your accounts in one place, and this is handled much better on webOS 2.1. It's a feature of the device, so you can't "not use it". In other words, it's always on, because your Palm Profile is tied into synergy. If you use other accounts, such as Google or Facebook, I believe those are always tied into synergy, I don't know if you can choose not to tie those into synergy. Also, I think contacts are backed up on your Palm Profile, but having never owned a GSM phone, I don't know for sure.

2) Not really. There is Sprint Navigation, but that's only for Sprint phones.

3) It depends. The Palm Pre and Pixi have an OK battery life, but the Pre 2 has a much improved battery life. I can have my Pre 2 with me the entire day and not have to charge it until I go to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    1) Synergy just collects all your accounts in one place, and this is handled much better on webOS 2.1. It's a feature of the device, so you can't "not use it". In other words, it's always on, because your Palm Profile is tied into synergy. If you use other accounts, such as Google or Facebook, I believe those are always tied into synergy, I don't know if you can choose not to tie those into synergy. Also, I think contacts are backed up on your Palm Profile, but having never owned a GSM phone, I don't know for sure.

2) Not really. There is Sprint Navigation, but that's only for Sprint phones.

3) It depends. The Palm Pre and Pixi have an OK battery life, but the Pre 2 has a much improved battery life. I can have my Pre 2 with me the entire day and not have to charge it until I go to sleep.
    1)nope

2)nope

5.    #5  
    thank you...
    hmm strange. See I find that my battery life with the pre 2 and 2.1 got worse than my original pre and 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    hmm strange. See I find that my battery life with the pre 2 and 2.1 got worse than my original pre and 1.4.5
    Impossible.. The cpu alone has better voltage regulation.. If you said that the battery was similar Maaaaaaybe ..

Did you just get the pre2? I got mine in the middle of February and it took about a week till it settled in

I've had the Pre 2 for a couple of weeks now and I'm definitely noticing a way better battery life. I can actually forget to plug it in at night and still have some juice to check emails in the morning. With my Pre, if I forgot I would have to wait 10-20 minutes for it to charge enough to turn on.